Resident Evil 5

TheHylian

WiiChat Member
Feb 17, 2009
Hi I'm new to the forums and just had a quick question for everyone!

I was just curious if there was any solid evidence that RE5 was for sure NOT coming to the Wii. Honestly this is the game that is going to make or break my decision to buy a Wii.

My interest in my 360 has fallen off and I have been pondering selling it to get a Wii. However, I have all of the RE games for the GC and plan on playing the rest that come out forever. This would prove difficult if the game does not come out on a console that I own.

Any information is appreciated!

There isn't evidence pointing to it coming or not coming to the Wii. It seems the opinions sway daily as new reports break, some saying it is coming (but later) or its not at all.

I'm hoping once the 360 version is released Capcom lets us know what their motives are.

I would have minded before I got a 360 but now I have one I don't mind if it does or not. I think it will come out in the same way that RE4 came on the wii.

the producers said RE5 was too graphically superior to the Wii's capabilities......so dont hold your breath

the producers said RE5 was too graphically superior to the Wii's capabilities......so dont hold your breath

so is cod5, but that just means they have to dumb down the graphics. the question now is wether or not the devs are willling to do so.

What twenty1 said is basically true. It's apparent from merely looking at the level of scale and technology used the parts of the game that are shown in trailers to see that porting the entire thing on the Wii is simply not a feasible thing to do. I would imagine that too many things would have to be compromised.

I could see there being a Wii version, though. Just a different (spin-off/side-story?) version of RE5 made for the Wii's capabilities. Especially when RE4 worked so well when ported to Wii.

Last edited:
What twenty1 said is basically true. It's apparent from merely looking at the level of scale and technology used the parts of the game that are shown in trailers to see that porting the entire thing on the Wii is simply not a feasible thing to do. I would imagine that too many things would have to be compromised.

I could see there being a Wii version, though. Just a different (spin-off/side-story?) version of RE5 made for the Wii's capabilities. Especially when RE4 worked so well when ported to Wii.

Actually you'd be surprised how much weight HD holds. So besides HD they wouldn't have to compromise much. For example if RE4 had HD it would be impossible to fit on a Wii disc.

But personally I wouldn't want RE5 on Wii. I would like them to build a game from the ground up for the Wii. An all original take. They did it for Gamecube now let's see an all original take for Wii.

Similar to the Dead Space treatment I guess eh? Although what bugs me is that RE4 despite being out for so long on different platforms still sold well and so too did Umbrella Chronicles. RE5 would fit nicely on Wii, in as much as a true form as possible.

I would like them to build a game from the ground up for the Wii.

But why wasn't that the case for RE5? Is it just for the graphics that it didn't come to the Wii or did Capcom not want to work with Nintendo on this one? Either way it sucks and I really wish this whole only on one system thing would drop off a little.

Really one game shouldn't keep you from buying a console. The Wii has a good line-up of M rated games this year such as Madworld and House of the Dead: Overkill.

But why wasn't that the case for RE5? Is it just for the graphics that it didn't come to the Wii or did Capcom not want to work with Nintendo on this one? Either way it sucks and I really wish this whole only on one system thing would drop off a little.

A lot of politics go into creating a game. A developer just can't say "Hey let's make this game for the Wii!!" Unfortunately it doesn't go like that, a game idea is made then it goes through like 10 people before all the details are panned out(console, exclusive or not, audience, budget etc.) Some companies like Sony even pay extra $$ to have the game be exclusive.

Let me let you in on a little secret: I am currently writing the story to a game, but I only have 2 developers who I can present the idea to. One developer is underground and on a strict budget, another one is on a decent budget but might not take a chance on my game. IF one of them decides to take my idea, we would still need to find a publisher to fund the game. IF we find a publisher, the game would still need a lot of work before it's out. At any time the publisher could say "you know what? We don't think this game is gonna sell, we're gonna have to stop funding you" and the game becomes what could have been.
In my opinion my game destroys other attempts on the Wii, but what's the whole point if my game cannot be created??

My interest in my 360 has fallen off and I have been pondering selling it to get a Wii.

I'd advise that you should keep the 360 if you can and get a Wii as well. Then you can get every game in the series.

I'm not sure why RE:5 couldn't come to the Wii with some reduced graphics as the gameplay sounds quite similar to RE:4. You can't run n' gun and the levels don't sound like they are any bigger than RE:4's were either, so they could probably just use the RE:4 engine again if they wanted.

Back