Retro Reunited - 2 day Retro Gaming event - 12/13th Sept. (UK)

DBloke

An ancient one, banner of over a thousand acunts
Staff member
May 30, 2006
Super Mancyland
Wii Online Code
8041-7231-3447-6164
Just to let you all know about a forth coming retro event

Sir Clive on the retro gamer forum said:
Following the success of retro gaming events such as CGE, The Retro Ball, Retro North and Byte Back, I decided that it is time I threw my hat in the ring and put on a little show of my own.
This 2 day extravaganza will give everyone the chance to play on the computers and consoles from the golden age of videogaming, with machines from the last 4 decades, charting the rise, fall and rise again of an industry that is now even more lucrative than Hollywood!

The show will be held at the Cedar Court Hotel in Huddersfield on 12th and 13th September 2009. The is directly of the M62 (Junction 24) so is a perfect venue for people travelling and the Cedar Court has 114 guest bedrooms, so those of us that like to have a little drinky would not have far to stagger (there is also a Premier Inn just around the corner).

The venue is huge and I will be making upto 300 tickets available. We will have 2 rooms - the main room being a huge 28m long hall - and I am hard at work making sure that the rooms are full of entertainment.

Up to now we have 36 different systems confirmed (not bad for day 1!) and I expect this to soar well past 50 in the next few weeks. A list of the confirmed sytems is on the website (http://www.retroreunited.info) and if you plan on attending and can bring along a machine we don't have then please let me know.

At the moment the Retro Reunited organising team is very small, consisting of me and, well... me. But that won't be for long as I have a number of people only too willing to help put on a fantastic event.

I have also been helped out by 2 RG veterans. Boyo has put in many hours helping me get the Retro Reunited website built and Greyfox has produced some wonderful artwork for the site, the tickets, a free desktop wallpaper (available from the site) and he will be knocking up all sorts of other cool stuff too. Thanks guys, couldn't do it without you.

Tickets for the event will be £12.50 for a weekend ticket (sorry - no single day passes), but as an introductory offer if you get your ticket before June 1st you will pay just £10. And as ever, this is raising money for a fantastic cause in the housing and homelessness charity Shelter.

Now that the basics are all in place I can start the hard part of dragging in gaming celebrities, pursuading kind folk to bring along their weird and rare gaming oddities and trying to sell 299 tickets .

I shall be there with my Game.com

fly me out to the UK please?
If you pay all the plane fares I will

Rumors are that the elusive Matthew Smith will be there

Back