Rumor:GoldenEye and Mario kart 64

The Great

Target
Dec 4, 2006
Cincinnati
Wii Online Code
7327-3524-0739-1946
Has anyone else heard the rumor that Mario Kart 64 and Goldeneye are going to come to the Wii and have online play? This has been a rumor floating around Cincinnati and I was wondering if anyone else has heard it or has information on it. I would love to rock some GoldenEye online.

As far as I know there are absolutely no plans to make VC games playable online.

As for Goldeneye, there are some rather tricky licensing issues that have to be worked through before we'll see it on the VC. Although I'm pretty sure I saw Reggie say they were looking into it.

Well they could just sell it as a new game seing how they would have to change it to make it playable online.

The Great said:
Well they could just sell it as a new game seing how they would have to change it to make it playable online.

They could except it's a Rare game, and they're now owned by Microsoft. Also, Activision owns the rights to the James Bond franchise, meaning they're the only ones who can release new Bond games.

If you read all the interviews with Nintendo Reps you would know that all Virtual Console games that are released will be in their original state.

So no, there will be no online multiplayer ever for VC.

End of.

stuckshut said:
They could except it's a Rare game, and they're now owned by Microsoft. Also, Activision owns the rights to the James Bond franchise, meaning they're the only ones who can release new Bond games.

You're right about both but; A) It will not be a new bond game it is a re release of an old one. 2) Microsoft would only profit from the release of the game. They would make money off the individual sale of the game or they could sell it to Nintendo for a profit. The game has already paid for it's self when it was originally released and any further sales would be pure profit. Which is why re releasing any game is a great idea for the manufacturer. Either way is more lucrative than sitting on the game. and D) Microsoft doses not see the Wii as a threat to the 360 nor will the release of GoldenEye take away from 360 sales because it is not a major title that leads Microsoft. Now if Nintendo was trying to buy the rights to the Halo series it would be dumb for Microsoft to sell because it would cut into their sales.

yeah, goldeneye online rumours are just that... rumours, but feel free to dream... and again have any of you actualy played goldeneye recently... it was great once, but wouldnt last long online today...

I have played it recently, It is just so simple which is why it would be a nice change from the modern FPS's. I know it is a long shot but it would be fun.

Back