Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Rumor: Possible Retail Preorder Date

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Chat' started by teqguy, Oct 4, 2006.

1. teqguy

teqguy WiiChat Member

After speaking to a GameStop employee, I was able to get a date out of him: October 7th. He also indicated that this would be a one day, and possibly one hour, event in which their preorders will be sold out until they receive their shipment at launch.

Whether or not this is true is beyond me, but I do believe that the last bit of information has presented itself. When I went to check GameStop's Wii page, I noticed that there is now, in big, bold letters, a message that says "Online console preorder information coming soon!".

This could mean they intend to send the e-mails out Friday the 6th to prepare everyone for a Saturday preorder event.

For anyone interested, your best bet would be to call GameStop and ask specifically whether or not this is the date, because I'm betting that by now the employees have recieved the memo.

2. Scream

Scream President of NO MA'AM

Wii Friend Code: 0169-9501-5816-7969
    0169-9501-5816-7969
    Interesting... Though I preordered a game from them before and it took a long time after the release before they even got it in. That really sucked.

3. pwn4life

pwn4life Banned

ya scream same here

4. teqguy

teqguy WiiChat Member

Well, the point is, if GameStop is doing it, it's likely that every other store is starting their preorders the same day.

5. Sovieto

Sovieto Banned

Just called my GameStop, Jim said possibly in the next 2 weeks, I think it is October 10th like this one manager said!

6. Kumoriken

Kumoriken Banned

Wii Friend Code: 3916-4519-7595-8108
    3916-4519-7595-8108
    Ah, ****. X_x;; If it's a one-hour thing, I'm gonna snap. T_T Gamestop is the only game store on this island, and it's an hour away! T_T

7. Kumoriken

Kumoriken Banned

Wii Friend Code: 3916-4519-7595-8108
    3916-4519-7595-8108
    Well, I called gamestop, and they didn't say anything about a pre-ordering date. T_T I'm so confused!

8. Jenksie

Jenksie Wii pre-order hopeful

Nintendo have said they will be meeting retailers mid october to discuss numbers of units available. I'm sure most stores will take pre-orders once they know how many they willbe having.