S video

obidose

WiiChat Member
Feb 25, 2007
Is an S video cable for the wii as good as a component cable? My 5 pin component port (for lack of a better word) is allready in use. Will I get the same quality from S video or would i be better changing my connection for my dvd player?

no you certainly will not, S-Video doesn't split the audio (left and right) as regular RCA or HD chords will so their will be a profound lack of sound quality. i would reccomend getting one of those nifty little sv to rca deals from the source.

s video has nothing to do with audio... wow you guys and your audio mixed in with video cords... you will always have the same audio out of the wii.. it doesnt have digital audio only RCA stereo "white and red" be in standard,svideo, or componet.. they all have the same audio... the only way to make audio better is maybe to use gold cables.. but it wouldnt be a noticable difference..

for video.. s video is better then what comes with the wii..
in standard video" single yellow rca" you only have 2 signals going to the t.v.

S video you have 4 signals going to the t.v. better picture but not the best

in componet video you have 6 signals going to the t.v. one for each color tube on the t.v. red,green,blue

so it would be an upgrade but for the money i think it cost the same as composite.. so unless you dont have composite on your t.v. use the composite even if you have to go buy a splitter box to do so... like the game splitter boxes on the market where you can run multiple consoles off one input channel on the t.v.

hope that clears it up

Back