Sad Launch day for the PS3...

RedProdigy said:
Do you like talking out of your ass? WTF do you think competition is? "lalalala let's all hold hands and sing around the campfire"? No, it's "My console is better than yours. Lol noob sux my [bleep]"! With fiercer competition comes more and better games. Money going to one company cannot go to another one, effectively "destroying" that company. It's all buisness and we shouldn't babysit companies because we don't want to "destroy" them.

Lol you just called the PS3 a crap box-> self-pwned FTL

{Its usually the majority of people who cant afford it or refuse to buy it that complain the most. It is considered new technology, and new technology is ALWAYs more expensive. Thats why its NEW aint it. Sony doesnt assume that everyone will be able to buy one, they do assume that grown ups will want one eventually.

Hey heres an idea, maybe you should go work at Sony since your so smert.}

That was obvious. Would you spend $500+ and then proceed to complain about it? Besides, plenty of people who own a Wii complain about its online. New technology costs more but people aren't used to shelling out so much for a damn console (even if it's a bargain). You said Sony assumed and that's why the PS3 is dragging.

I think you should work for Sony, being so much more brilliant than we lowly members.

lol you took it seriously, thats funny. Sarcasm is something you need to learn.
And yes, theres a difference between beating an opponent with a better product, and doing stupid publicity stuts. Good job for not being able to tell the difference.

nice try though, keep it up.

HAHA nice try shift. We all know you're serious about this sh*t. You're obssessed with sony...only God knows why. But don't take your frustrations with them out on other people by leveling idiotic accusations and statements that are completely false. As for publicity stunts thats all the PS3 is. A gamble to gain attention for the BluRay market. This whole giving away tvs thing was a stunt as well. Even the AD campaign is a stunt! They don't take care of business over there and it shows in how their marketing is coming across to the average consumer including me.

MasterJedi2U said:
HAHA nice try shift. We all know you're serious about this sh*t. You're obssessed with sony...only God knows why. But don't take your frustrations with them out on other people by leveling idiotic accusations and statements that are completely false. As for publicity stunts thats all the PS3 is. A gamble to gain attention for the BluRay market. This whole giving away tvs thing was a stunt as well. Even the AD campaign is a stunt! They don't take care of business over there and it shows in how their marketing is coming across to the average consumer including me.

kids say the darnest things. Please to do tell me where am im being a fanboy? Cause i could have sworn I explain the best parts of each system, and the worst parts about them. And.. last i checked i own all 3 systems.. HMmmmmmmmmmm Sony fanboy eh. Well whatever you do in your make believe world is fine with me, just keep your pants on.

Giving away TVs is incentive to buy a console by using the same brand. Its not an obvious attack on another. Take for example the Macintosh commercials. They have two guys standing on a screen and clearly advertise and exagerate, even lie about their rival to get people to buy their product. I think this is bad business practice. I love Jack in the Box, but they also had an ad campeign where they attacked other food chains. I didnt agree with them either.

Thats how i see it. Its stupid, and something like that would normally have the opposite reaction for me.

Oh well, look forward to the next time you try to attack another post of mine. Im looking forward to your mindless whining. Please keep it up.

MasterJedi2U said:
Nintendo stepped up and delivered a superior product than crappy sony did this time around and we as fans have every right to be.

Nintendo didn't deliver a superior product. The Wii's hardware fails in comparison to the PS3 -- by a long shot.

What Nintendo did was capture a large audience. They brought intuitive gameplay and low cost to the mass, in exchange for plethoras of buttons or high price tags. Frankly, I would have preferred the Wii to have been $100 more and render in HD. It's not JUST about gameplay to some of us.

The Wii just caters to a larger market -- young and old, rich and not-as-rich, and has the nostalgia of Virtual Console to boot. It's simple -- if you market to everyone, you'll sell to everyone.

Sony's Playstation 3 caters more to the younger, better off crowd. I'm sure there are plenty of people who don't have $600 they can fork out for a Playstation 3. There are plenty who do not have high-definition televisions, either (unfortunately). For those of us who 480i or 480p isn't good enough for (it never was, really), the Playstation 3 provides.

SuperH said:
Nintendo didn't deliver a superior product. The Wii's hardware fails in comparison to the PS3 -- by a long shot.

What Nintendo did was capture a large audience. They brought intuitive gameplay and low cost to the mass, in exchange for plethoras of buttons or high price tags. Frankly, I would have preferred the Wii to have been $100 more and render in HD. It's not JUST about gameplay to some of us.

The Wii just caters to a larger market -- young and old, rich and not-as-rich, and has the nostalgia of Virtual Console to boot. It's simple -- if you market to everyone, you'll sell to everyone.

Sony's Playstation 3 caters more to the younger, better off crowd. I'm sure there are plenty of people who don't have $600 they can fork out for a Playstation 3. There are plenty who do not have high-definition televisions, either (unfortunately). For those of us who 480i or 480p isn't good enough for (it never was, really), the Playstation 3 provides.

That REALLY describes a superior product. One that sells and captivates. And I prefer my small screens, cause staring at big screens for hours kills my eyes.

SuperH said:

you pretty much hit the nail on the head.

No he didn't. A superior product is one that delivers what its supposed to do. Nintendo did that because they put together a console that plays games and has all features that millions of people want. You sony supporters can continue to lie to yourself and say, "The Wii sucks no one actually wants it. They just got it because of the price". But thats WRONG. They got it because it has great games, great innovation, great additional features, and the graphics are decent for the standard consumer. Now I'm done arguing about it. IF sony had created a "superior" product it would be selling now cuz people would want it and think it has something unique/special that makes it worth w/e price. However that is NOT the case. They are losing. The people have decided that Nintendo and Microsoft are the winners this time around for a number of reasons the least of which is "how big a hard drive is" or "is it HD?". You guys may have a hard on for new/complex high technology and graphics but that doesn't mean the rest of us do.

SuperH said:
The Wii's hardware fails in comparison to the PS3 -- by a long shot.

you can't fail at something you wern't aiming for in the first place.

The Wii's hardware is less superior in comparison to the PS3 -- by a long shot.

this makes more sense, but anyone buying a wii should already know this.

imae said:
this makes more sense, but anyone buying a wii should already know this.

unfortunately many of them dont, or refuse to believe it. Kind of like when their parents told them there was no santa claus and they insisted he existed and whispered naughty things to them at night.

they dont realize its not entirely impossible to .. shock.. enjoy more than one system and still be honest about the facts.

WTF are you talking about!? Or maybe I should ask who? I KNOW that the Wii has less than stellar graphics when compared to the PS3 & 360. I GET IT. Theres no need to beat a dead horse. The point is that IT DOES NOT MATTER to the MAJORITY of consumers. And 2nd it does NOT make the Wii a less superior product! The Wii is superior overall because it has all th essentials and none of the extra fluff that the PS3 has. In addition it has great games, new, innovative controller, and sound features that everyone has been looking on Nintendo for awhile.

PS I enjoy both Nintendo and Microsoft so get over yourself. Not to mention I constantly admit that I love the God of War series and Final Fantasy. I'm more than capable of being a fanboy to Nintendo and still an admirer of another system as LONG as it DESERVES it. sony does not deserve my praise or respect cuz its a sh*t company with a sh*tty product that has NOTHING I want on it that would convince me its worth the money.

Shiftfallout said:
unfortunately many of them dont, or refuse to believe it.

and many just dont care, wii appeals becuase it's different, it's something new and it has unique games.. not because it has the latest gfx/proccessing chips/dvd playback.
those that refuse to believe simple facts are few and are perhaps the biggest fanboys of them all, but quite often its a case that they are genuine fans of the way certain games are designed, and the line between design and polygon count gets blurred... or something.

there's a difference between superior hardware and superior product, what sony is aiming to do with ps3 is that it's hardware will become more in demand over time and thus more superior as a product over time without the architecture of the system itself changing.

Last edited:
okay, let's compare two things you have said shift:
Shiftfallout said:
Actually, your right, lets let consoles destroy themselves. I prefer PC gaming over all your little crap boxes.

okay, so you like PC gaming. nothing to be ashamed of, but you just said consoles were little crap boxes, then said:

Shiftfallout said:
The graphics GPU in the PS3 has a net worth of $500 alone, Blue Ray players are on the market for over $800, Add in the hardrive, The PS3's 3.2 GHz Cell processor by Sony, Toshiba and IBM, Blue tooth...ect the list goes on. You are looking at a system that would normally go for around $1500 minium. I would say, Sony is selling pretty dang cheap.

that's hippocritical. now, i like you shiftfallout, you tell it like it is and you keep the fanboys in check. but don't contradict yourself.

FWELR said:
okay, let's compare two things you have said shift:

okay, so you like PC gaming. nothing to be ashamed of, but you just said consoles were little crap boxes, then said:

that's hippocritical. now, i like you shiftfallout, you tell it like it is and you keep the fanboys in check. but don't contradict yourself.

Because you have seen my posts here and in various threads, and so has the guy i was quoting, then I was hoping the sarcasm was clear. Why would i spend so much time going into depth for each system if i thought they really were crap boxes. No, i was just being sarcastic at that poster directly.

No worries there, nothing has change.

Shiftfallout said:
Because you have seen my posts here and in various threads, and so has the guy i was quoting, then I was hoping the sarcasm was clear. Why would i spend so much time going into depth for each system if i thought they really were crap boxes. No, i was just being sarcastic at that poster directly.

No worries there, nothing has change.

ya, it really seems that sarcasm is hard to get across through the net. its a lot easier in person. i personally didn't realize you were being sarcastic until i scanned through the entire thread and read another one of your posts. there outta be a sarcasm smilee.

Back