Sad Launch day for the PS3...

re

heres some pics of the launch in france

10editeurs20070323_014245_5_big.jpg

10editeurs20070323_014243_3_big.jpg

10editeurs20070323_014242_1_big.jpg

10editeurs20070323_014241_0_big.jpg

Looks like you pathetic fanboys can cram your foot in your mouth. You're just mad because you spent $250 on a machine that was outdated the day it was launched. You should have just painted your gamecube white. Same games, same graphics.

Wii&Ps3 said:
Looks like you pathetic fanboys can cram your foot in your mouth. You're just mad because you spent $250 on a machine that was outdated the day it was launched. You should have just painted your gamecube white. Same games, same graphics.

same graphics maybe, but how can you even say the games are the same? the wii mote changes all games. im not a fanboy, trust me, i've got the original xbox and the ps2, but get your facts straight.

Lol look at all those stacked PS3's..they must be getting lonely by now. And for the record Wii&PS3 how do 2 pictures show anything!? So from those 4 pics alone you've decided that Playstation had a great launch? LMAO...and as for Wii owners I'm perfectly happy with my purchase and I'm enjoying my Wii every single day. The new, innovative, controller is great. The games are great. The graphics are great (and b4 u say anything about Piece of Sh*t 3 & the 360 let me REMIND U that Nintendo NEVER wanted to achieve those levels of graphics). The graphics are GREAT because of the price I paid and the quality I recieve along with the other things the Wii can do.

But really whats the point? You're a sony fanboy whos got a hardon for graphics and the latest technology even if its 1 day old and untested. This won't change anything for you. You're like some child who just wants to whine and complain about how bad the Wii because Playstation is doing horribly.

Shiftfallout said:
lol you took it seriously, thats funny. Sarcasm is something you need to learn.
And yes, theres a difference between beating an opponent with a better product, and doing stupid publicity stuts. Good job for not being able to tell the difference.

nice try though, keep it up.

That's all you have to say? I knew you were being sarcastic given the neverending praise you give to the PS3. I just love how you always act superior and infallible. BTW, your definition of better product is different from mine.

Wrong. When one console trys to destroy another console, that kills the competition. That means the less competition, the closer you get to a monopoly, the closer you get to one type of system is the less varied your games will become. <- Is all of that sarcasm because that's what I was getting at.

Wii+PS3: I know it's hard for you but the PS3 has been getting a lukewarm reception so far. I'm sorry but you must face the truth.

Last edited:
In the face of failure you have to make tough decisions. You don't contradict, and hide failure. You face it. Sony hasn't done that at all. Sony needs to acknowledge the people on top are destroying the PS3, and the company. I'm always amazed when people defend outright failure.

It's the Titanic with the Captain throwing out the lifeboats, and saying full speed ahead.

Am I the ONLY freak who sees NOTHING fancy or pretty about xb360 or ps3 graphics in real terms? Really- its MORE OF THE SAME! Stupid, hyper-lighting 3d mumbocrap that is about as realistic to my eyes as any of the worst level fanboys having relations with the oposite sex! I mean really - I have played both and been underwelmed. There is no big deal.

Certainly not a fanboy (as you guys so eloquently carp on about each other), but simply REALISTIC.

There is NOTHING wrong with Wii's graphics. They are superior to the previous generation consoles, and they are delivered at a reasonable price. PS3 and XB360 also deliver pretty pictures and such like, but WHY SHOULD I CARE? fact is, I don't. I couldn't give a rats.

Expensive toys that serve no true function apart from gaming, and do so at a high cost. Fanboys should get a life and stop coming here to slam our choice of entertainment in order to convince themselves of their diminutive genital constructions lack of importance in determining their status as men.

So - 3 companies released three different products. They employed differeing tactics and technologies. Some like one, some like another, and some like all of them or whatever. So what? This whole fanboyism is juvenile, pathetic and stupid. So do you subscribe to it in any form? if so grow up.

As for the PS3 launch, wait for the sales figures - only then can it be truely judged success or failure - or do we judge a product only on bashings, robberies, lines and campers, drive by shootings, and mob mentality generated? Pffft...... Excuse me while I shut the hell up and go away....

Wii&Ps3 said:

The PS3 and 360s are just as outdated, bud. Get over yourself.

Wii&Ps3 said:
heres some pics of the launch in france

10editeurs20070323_014245_5_big.jpg

10editeurs20070323_014243_3_big.jpg

10editeurs20070323_014242_1_big.jpg

10editeurs20070323_014241_0_big.jpg

We will let the other 100 sources and people actually in france tell us the facts rather then a over obsessed fanboy. thanks.
And those pics look pretty plentiful of Ps3s, doesnt show much if they were bought or not buddy.

BTW, did you scrounge the internet for those pics? Maybe one or two areas did do well (those pics are what? The most populated city in fance? lol). But sorry bud but overall the Europe launch is baddd.

And i wouldnt talk about use being pathetic fanboys, your the one who comes on with the dumbest of reasonings trying to make yourself feel better for buying the ps3. I remember you saying quite clearly that the European launch was going to be the ps3's saviour and do so well, wrong as usual. As for graphics, i already own games better then the gc gfx (as i have over 30 gc games) and its only the beginning of the Wii's graphic stretch. If you actually read about the Wii instead of sounding like a idiot know-it-all you'd know there are games better then gc/ps2/xbox gfx already.

So go somewhere else instead of making yourself sound less intelligent with each post please.

Shiftfallout said:
Red, dont know how accurate this is, but you might find it interesting.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/03/25/sonys-playstation-3-selling-faster-at-release-than-xbox-360/

Even I have no comment on this till i see the numbers.

Maybe so, but the Xbox360 hit pretty well in europe. The Ps3 is a different story there. That article isnt much fact anyways, but who knows.

Last edited:
PtonJalken said:
Maybe so, but the Xbox360 hit pretty well in europe. The Ps3 is a different story there. That article isnt much fact anyways, but who knows.

heres some more... after doing some more research it seems its pretty right on.
nextgenwar.jpg

When the Xbox 360 was released in 05 it sold about 330,000 the first month, the second month about 280,000 and 250,000 the third month after release.
The PS3 was released in Nov 06, one full year after the Xbox release. It sold 200,000 first month, 490,000 second and third month 244,000. Within their 3 month launch periods, the PS3 had a stonger more successful launch in terms of sales and units sold.

The 360 would have sold more in its first months. Unfortunately, MS ran into massive shortages. But the Wii just blows everyone else away.

RedProdigy said:
The 360 would have sold more in its first months. Unfortunately, MS ran into massive shortages. But the Wii just blows everyone else away.

True, the Wii has one of the strongest laucnhes in console history. Though its part to do with innovation and part to do with price.
If nintendo was able to supply more per month, the numbers would be through the roof. Not bad for ninty since they are the only ones making a profit off the console alone.

As for the 360, its launch was rough as well. Assuming they would have sold more with more units is pure speculation. However, either way the 360 is currently closing in at 11 million units sold. Not bad for one year.

Back