Sadness IN-GAME Screenshot

I think it looks bloody excellent, and I commend them to taking a chance by doing something different and innovative. Hopefully the gameplay can match the artistic beauty.

Homesrfan said:
But it's cool! But anyways - Nibris said that the game isn't going to be tons of blood and just slashing and killing everything in sight. It's going to have a good plot and they are going to focus more on the horror aspect rather than the kill everything in your sight aspect.

Hey, I said it was too far, not that it wasn't cool! ::smilewinkgrin:

Yeah, I was quite impressed on IGN's basic review (basic because the game hasn't let on to much yet), it said:

Wii.ign.com said:
Additionally many outside consultants including psychologists and horror authors were brought in to aid with the development of the title.

Psychologists and horror authors? Dude, this is going to be epic!!!

Hopefully they make a really spooky envionment, and more importantly, a great plot!

This game could turn out to be AMAZINGLY sweet. If I get to actually slit a persons throat in this game by making a throat slitting motion, I will make a mess in my pants.

i guess this concept of black &white is way original and raises the scary level.
but i would love if it werent all black and white maybe it could have the effect of the sin city movies all black and white and some effects or parts in color like blue eyes,blood explosions liquids ....something like that....

is it me or the game kinda resembles indigo prophecy???...i love indigo prophecy

Keep one interesting think in mind about black and white... the number of bits per pixel to store a grayscale vs. 16 or 32 bit color is drastically less. Given that the GPU is an ATI unit, I would expect *at least* 25% improvement in overall performance using gray-scale instead of full color meaning they can push the frame rate and resolution pretty damn high -- much moreso than if it was 16 or 24 bit color...

zraductus said:
i guess this concept of black &white is way original and raises the scary level.
but i would love if it werent all black and white maybe it could have the effect of the sin city movies all black and white and some effects or parts in color like blue eyes,blood explosions liquids ....something like that....

is it me or the game kinda resembles indigo prophecy???...i love indigo prophecy
Indigo Prophecy was cool, but the story went nutso nearing the end. :yikes:

I'm really anxious to see more about this game. All I know about it is a few pictures, that video of the girl opening an umbrella in the rain, and stuff on wiki...

Wow. I can't wait. The Wii needs a game like this for all the nay-sayers. People think Wii is too "kiddy"? Not after this. I love the style, creepy grey scale, it seems like it's gonna be very artistic, like playing a realy good movie.

zraductus said:
can anybody post some video or pictures???
No actual gameplay videos have been released. There was a trailer. It featured a (real life... not graphic) woman, and another woman controlling her through the Wiimote. to see it, go to Gamespot.com and search Sadness. Then go to Videos and I think it's under User videos.

the_peripheral said:
This game could turn out to be AMAZINGLY sweet. If I get to actually slit a persons throat in this game by making a throat slitting motion, I will make a mess in my pants.

lol, it would definitely be a pre-order. A game that utilizes the Wiimote in every aspect is a must, IF they do it right that is.

Drifterwitnoname said:
lol, it would definitely be a pre-order. A game that utilizes the Wiimote in every aspect is a must, IF they do it right that is.

Exactly. Hopefully they won't mess this beautiful concept up.

Back