Saving in temples/mines

kdn102

WiiChat Member
Nov 19, 2006
Lancaster, PA, USA
Is it just me or does everyone who save a game in a temple or mine wind up at the beginning again?

I was half way through the goron mines last night when I saved and now I'm right back at the beginning again! My map shows where I have been too! I know there's a short cut to where I was, but this is pissing me off!

Anyone else have this issue? I also have a similar problem with saved games in Red Steel!

Could this be a hardware glitch??

I don't know if it is a glitch or not, but thats what happens to me when I save in a dungeon also

It's not a glitch thats just the way they made the game, if you'll notice you still have whatever done or say you got the weapon or what have you and then you had saved to go back to beat the main boss, you'll still have that treasure. So no it's not a glitch.

when you quit the game/turn off the system it puts you back at the start of the map but any items obtained/quests acomplishments in the area still there (if you saved)

It's not a glitch, they just make Zelda like that. But it do understand why it would upset you, I remember getting pretty pissed in OoT because of that. Kind irritated at points in TP, but hey, whatya gonna do?
Does anyone know if there is a reason Nintendo made Zelda save this way? Just curious.

ya same here i was at the end of the ****in sky temple, i just got the boss key n thoguth id beat the boss in the morning so i turned my wii off...im back at the start, still got the boss key but i gotta go alllll the way back to where i gotthe boss key to hit a switch to turn a fan off...i dont even kno how i got there lol..it took so long =[

Just use that little Oocoo to warp out. Save your game. Then next time you play, use the oocoo to warp back to where you were.

em0d said:
Just use that little Oocoo to warp out. Save your game. Then next time you play, use the oocoo to warp back to where you were.
werd.gif

You should be able to find Occoco fairly early on in the dungeons.

em0d said:

Heh, yeah, I figured that out last night after posting. It works, most of the time, not all of the time. Some rooms you warp back to the original starting point in the room and not the point you warped from.

I searched the forum first before posting and everyone in other posts claimed it saved your "exact" spot, so that's why I was freakin :D

Back