SD card question

wii wayne

WiiChat Member
Dec 10, 2006
Hi.
I'm new here so if I'm in the wrong section I apologise.

Just wondered if anyone knows how to save Wii games to an SD card ?

All I can do is save the the internal memory and can't seem to transfer any data to the card.

Is this possible or am I not looking hard enough ?

Any help would be gratefully received.

Wayne.

it is possible but i dont have an SD Card yet so i havent tried. but its deffinately possible.

wii wayne said:
Hi.
I'm new here so if I'm in the wrong section I apologise.

Just wondered if anyone knows how to save Wii games to an SD card ?

All I can do is save the the internal memory and can't seem to transfer any data to the card.

Is this possible or am I not looking hard enough ?

Any help would be gratefully received.

Wayne.

i had that problem awhile back.
all you gotta do is update the firmware on your wii by connetion through wi-fi.

If I could piggy back on your thread, although I have the option to copy save game information from the system memory to an SD card in the data management screens on the Wii, it appears when I run the games that they don't see the saved game information anymore.

So, my question is this: can games read their saved game information from an SD card, or is the card option only for saving pictures and movies and whatnot on the Wii?

Ummagumma said:
So, my question is this: can games read their saved game information from an SD card, or is the card option only for saving pictures and movies and whatnot on the Wii?
you should be able to read saved games from the SD card.
check the FAQs section or use the Search feature on the right hand side to see if someone has experienced the same problem.

It is not possible to read saved games, VC games or Channels from an SD card. These can be copied there, but can't be read from there, making the whole thing a bit pointless IMHO.

thisisgil said:
It is not possible to read saved games, VC games or Channels from an SD card. These can be copied there, but can't be read from there, making the whole thing a bit pointless IMHO.

That does blow mightily. I wonder if this could be rectified in an software update in the future?

Back