Search Delay

Almo

WiiChat Member
Mar 19, 2007
Wii Online Code
8407-4245-3370-0256
ok pretty useless thread but i thought it might be good to vent some frustration, who else gets annoyed at the delay between searching, I click on the new posts link to read the most recent replys ect. but im always too quick and get the whole you have to wait 30secs before searching again thing, but the most annoying bit is its always please try again in 1 second or please try again in 3 seconds!
well thats my first rant on here and it felt good!

The search function on vbulletin is notoriously server-intensive. If there was no delay, the could potentially slow down to a pathetic crawl, or even stop serving pages.

I assume you would rather be able to use the site here?

yeah i know why its there but it still annoys me,just like traffic lights, they're there to control the flow of traffic but i still complain about them too.

eh, I mostly go to ones I have subscribed to... There are rarely any new posts of any interest to me.

Almo said:
yeah i know why its there but it still annoys me,just like traffic lights, they're there to control the flow of traffic but i still complain about them too.

Why complain about things that you have no control over?

cause it makes me feel better, plus identifing the problem is the first step in solving it,and therefore gaining control

This should be in Site Feedback. THis has nothing to do with the Nintendo Wii. I wish people would notice this!

It sucks to be honest...this is the only forum I've ever been on that has a time limit on searching. And I have been on MANY forums.

Surely theres a way to improve this?

And as for "Getting the Noobs out" you can't filter those who post well and those that don't, its impossible and slightly unfair..

Ah...joke.

I really don't feel it at all.

Here's what I do, maybe fix your problem. Open new posts, open in new tabs all threads you want to read. Read them and post like normal. By the time you get done with those and REFRESH the new posts tab, 30 seconds would have easily passed.

REFRESH bypasses the 30 seconds..

Last edited:
Back