Seems Like The Mario Kart Box Awhile Back Was Legit

CantGetAWii

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2006
WiiChat
Wii Online Code
3099-0319-5478-2979
mario_kart_wii_box.jpg

If the official Mario Kart Wii box art tells us anything, it's that we won't be waltzing out of the local game store with a standard-issue game case tucked neatly into our back pocket. No, we'll be lugging around an actual box -- and for what? The Wii Wheel. We can't imagine Nintendo's gonna charge extra for this 2-cent hunk of plastic, but it's the inconvenience that irks us: another box to break down, another prop cluttering the coffee table. What say we round these wheels up and send 'em on a one-way rocket to the sun!

Source

I don't understand why the hell make a box for it? That "2-cent hunk of plastic" is exactly that. The thing is damn small and probably only took 2-cents to make anyway.

I wonder if the picture makes it seem bigger than it really is...

most i'd be willing to pay for this bundle would be maybe 60 bucks.

nintendo better not rip us off.

T3kNi9e said:
I don't understand why the hell make a box for it? That "2-cent hunk of plastic" is exactly that. The thing is damn small and probably only took 2-cents to make anyway.

I wonder if the picture makes it seem bigger than it really is...

yeah it probably does

the height of that box is probably the height of the average game case....

It better be a lot better than the Zapper was, seriously.
Cus if this isn't, buying the original third party wheel would have been better.

i really don't see much use for the wii wheel anyway. even the zapper seems more worthwhile than this...

when i bought a wii, i wanted innovative controls, not a dozen cheap peripherals.

AoWFraggit said:
i really don't see much use for the wii wheel anyway. even the zapper seems more worthwhile than this...

when i bought a wii, i wanted innovative controls, not a dozen cheap peripherals.

well have you played a racing game with just a wiimote? look how mario and luigi are holding the wheel.....dosn't that look a lot more comfortable than just a wiimote by itself?

am i the only one that loves peripherals?

am i the only one that thinks a wireless wheel peripheral will turn out to be less responsive and harder to control than an old wired one?

i bought GT pro series kuz i knew mario kart came with a wheel and my bro and i would both like to play

AoWFraggit said:
am i the only one that thinks a wireless wheel peripheral will turn out to be less responsive and harder to control than an old wired one?

You know what, I agree... I was saying the same thing a few months back. I was worried that it could be less reponsive than it should be. Every game that I have played with motion controls besides point and click have not been as responsive as I would have liked. Steering is sure to be fustrating, im glad you can use Gamecube controller for the game instead of having no choice but to use the Wii Wheel.

Which brings me to another point... Why are they forcing us to buy the Wii wheel if you can use Gamecube controller? Or can you not use gamecube controller? I was thinking they were gonna keep the game at $50 and give it to us for free, but this article is saying we are gonna have to pay extra and thats gay :/

AoWFraggit said:

i imagine it to be just as responsive with the wheel than without

and excite truck, like any other wii game was responsively good

AoWFraggit said:
most i'd be willing to pay for this bundle would be maybe 60 bucks.

nintendo better not rip us off.
Yeah, I say 60 bucks is my limit, and that is really pushing it. God forbid they try to charge a Guitar Hero 3 type pricetag for this crap, I'll have to pass on it then.

Back