Sega EXTREMELY happy about Conduit Sales

bruceleroy

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2006
Last edited:
I knew the game was a hit. They are going to make a conduit two just wait. Be nxice for multiplayer capanion.

In before DarkPrinny moaning about the amount of The Conduit threads.
Red Steel sold 1 million copies.
Probably due to it being a launch game.
They all seem to sell better if they come out with the console

Lol, why are u still complaining I see u everywhere

I can't tell if it would rain or shine tomorrow. I can't tell if the earth would live or end the next day either. One thing i did know was that you were going to show up in this Conduit thread.:smilewinkgrin:

In before DarkPrinny moaning about the amount of The Conduit threads.

Probably due to it being a launch game.
They all seem to sell better if they come out with the console
Dude I think half of your posts are of counting The Conduit's threads lol.

About the topic... that is great! I'm glad it's selling well. That way more hardcore games come to Wii and developers begin to focus more on the Wii market which, in my opinion, has a lot of potential in such games because of the controls that no other console has (or at least not yet). Also I'm glad because the game deserves it, it is great!

It's interesting that they don't say what the actual sales numbers are for it.

The top 10 US sales figures for June (for all consoles) were just released and it's not in there:
PROTOTYPE (360) 419.9K
UFC 2009:UNDISPUTED (360) 338.3K
EA SPORTS ACTIVE BUNDLE (Wii) 289.1K
TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 10* (Wii) 272.4K
WII FIT (Wii) 271.6K
FIGHT NIGHT ROUND 4 (360) 260.8K
FIGHT NIGHT ROUND 4 (PS3) 210.3K
MARIO KART W/WHEEL (WII) 202.1K
RED FACTION:GUERRILLA (360) 199.4K
INFAMOUS (PS3) 192.7K

It's interesting that they don't say what the actual sales numbers are for it.

It would be nice to know the actual figures. The general rumor seems to be that it sold around 150k, which is pretty good for a Wii game.

By Christmas it could be at a million, depending on how Red Steel 2 turns out.

It's a shame that some editors using the NPD sales figures of The Conduit to piss the Wii, without know how are the sales on the Wii market. Recently an editor of Joystiq website claims the poor sales and try to contact Sega and High Voltage to know how they feel. Off course he's a Wii hater and try to convince Sega&HV to deliver their games from Wii to xbox360/ps3, based on the sales. Again the sales on Wii are different from the xbox360/ps3 sales, the sales take time and are slow, but these people expect immediate susess of 1 million or more in the first week, when a Wii game takes a year or more to reach this mark. Plus The Conduit don't have a complete month like the other games. Under this view is nonsense claim poor sales, register a complete month and we talk about. I'm completely sure like Mad World and HOD:Overkill, The Conduit will reach and surpass the million sales in a year, the only important in this market is that every game must have LEQS to reach sucess in the long way.

Here's the link:
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/07/17/the-conduit-sales-fizzle-in-late-june-debut/

What you think?

Last edited:
I really liked the conduit, even though it took less than a week to beat. If a sequel were to come out I would be one of the first to buy it.

I think the conduit is over rated. I thought multiplayer was a little glitchy and campaign was too short to enjoy. It was a good story but a little too short. I traded it in after only owning it for about a week. Call of Duty: WaW blows it out of the water whether you want online play or a good campaign.

The only reason why it is selling well is because of the awards it got at E3 and the publicity. Gamestop has had advertisements and there are even commercials. I think it was all a little over the top for an average game.

I think the conduit is over rated. I thought multiplayer was a little glitchy and campaign was too short to enjoy. It was a good story but a little too short. I traded it in after only owning it for about a week. Call of Duty: WaW blows it out of the water whether you want online play or a good campaign.

The only reason why it is selling well is because of the awards it got at E3 and the publicity. Gamestop has had advertisements and there are even commercials. I think it was all a little over the top for an average game.

I agree that it is not nearly as good as WaW, but I still think its better than just an "average game".

Back