Sending Modded Wii in

chabraham

WiiChat Member
Jan 4, 2007
I just bought super smash bros brawl last night only to find i was one of the lucky ones who had the disc read error. I have a modd chip in my wii so can i still safely send it in to nintendo to get the lense cleaned? Are there any home solutions i can do to fix my wii?
Thanks

lmao ... u are pwned.... seriously .... your warrenty is voided once they see you opened it .... even if you removed your mod chip ... if I were you i would see if i could download a copy and see if that works... LOL~ no other choice@

sell it on ebay for big bucks!
people want modded wii's for lots of reasons. :yesnod: like

as long as you can find another source for a new wii! :yesnod:

Nintendo won't touch a modified Wii. They'll send it right back to you and tell you you're SOL.

That's the risk you take when you do stuff like that. In the end run it's cheaper to just play it straight and actually pay for your games.

sremick said:
Nintendo won't touch a modified Wii. They'll send it right back to you and tell you you're SOL.

That's the risk you take when you do stuff like that. In the end run it's cheaper to just play it straight and actually pay for your games.
unfortunately thats not true..... a new wii and mod chip costs ~ $350 .... if i tally up all the wii games i have bought it comes to much more than 350 .... probably be enough to buy another modded wii ....

only reason why i won't mod my wii is to have the security of online updates without fear that the wii will brick ... although it would be cheaper to get another modded wii .... maybe i should mod my wii ... sigh...

Anyone who actually enjoys the Wii and wants it to succeed shouldn't be advocating the stealing of games. Not only are you depriving them of revenue, but you're not getting counted as a "sale" towards popularity statistics. Sales and revenue are critical for encouragement for companies to continue.

Perhaps all these Wii thieves should start getting their priorities in order. The self-gratification, everything-else-be-damned attitude is infuriating. If you like it, pay for it... otherwise later there won't even be anything to steal.

Modded wii's don't play SSBB originals. Google how to dump a dual layer disc and burn a copy. It should work.

I got an R4 for my DS because its easy to use and doesn't void warranties or anything. I'm quite uneasy with modding a wii. I can't agree that you don't save money though. Games are expensive.

i would think that for the amount of games people would normally not buy, but would quickly pirate is considered a savings...

that same person would normally buy few games and if his wii broke he would break even at best... it's pretty unique for each modder, though

Modded systems are more likely to break, burned discs have lower quality and make the system work harder, failure rates rise significantly. The quality of the mod itself is also often a problem. Modding, aside from the ethical problems, most of the time is simply not worth the risk.

Hey I agree and know that its illegal, not saying anything justifies it. My wii isn't modded and I've purchased a good amount of games now. Some people prefer to go that route and some don't.

You aren't getting the DRE because your lens needs to be cleaned >.<
Modded Wiis (unless modded with D2CKey) aren't ready to play Brawl until updates are posted. Wiikey is working on it.
However, modded Wiis *will* play burnt ISOs of SSBB. Go figure.
For some reason it's hilarious that people who modded their Wiis were so impatient for Brawl, they went out and bought it like good upstanding Ninty fanboys and it won't work. Sell it on eBay and download the scene release is all I can say. WiiZARD ftw.

My ex-boyfriend convinced me to get my Wii modded because he saw how badly I sucked at games (and how I essentially give up on them after maybe two 20 minute periods of trying in total) and died a little inside everytime I spent $59.99 on one.

Celeste said:
My ex-boyfriend convinced me to get my Wii modded because he saw how badly I sucked at games (and how I essentially give up on them after maybe two 20 minute periods of trying in total) and died a little inside everytime I spent $59.99 on one.
That's what rentals are for.

Last word I saw from the Wiichat mods was that pirating games was forbidden subject matter on these forums. I'm surprised there's so much discussion condoning it now.

sremick said:
That's what rentals are for.

Last word I saw from the Wiichat mods was that pirating games was forbidden subject matter on these forums. I'm surprised there's so much discussion condoning it now.
Nobody is giving anybody websites to go download Wii ISOs. If you have your Wii modded, you obviously know what ISOs "scene releases" are, no one has given anyone links to obtain either.
I'm not condoning or condemning modding...just stated why I have a modded console and why the OP is having problems.

Back