simple math helP!!

wongasta

WiiChat Member
Dec 12, 2006
Uhh few simple questions..

under what circumstance is function of f(x) differentiate-able, is it the vertical tangent line or horizontal tangent line that make it unable to differentiate? Also what is defined as in discontinuities in the graph to make it undifferentiatable?

how can we determine whether to use mean value theorem or average value theorem under specific function?

which approximations method can get you the least estimated error? left riemann sum, right riemann sum, or trapezoidal rule?

anyone in calculus that can help me out? my BC finals is tomorrow =(

Why do schools teach that shite
its unneeded in the real world
your not likey to get jumped and he asks what is the value of X when Y is the strong letter

wongasta said:
under what circumstance is function of f(x) differentiate-able, is it the vertical tangent line or horizontal tangent line that make it unable to differentiate?
When the tangent to the curve is horizontal, the gradient is simply zero so it is differentiable there. But when the tangent to the curve is vertical, the gradient is undefined and so it's undifferentiable there.
wongasta said:
Also what is defined as in discontinuities in the graph to make it undifferentiatable?
Basically anywhere where the curve breaks off or there is a sudden change in the direction in the curve, making it not possible to definitely determine the gradient of the curve at the point.

they changed the calc curriculum here in Ontario, Canada. screwed me over well. yes, indeed they did.

Back