singing games on wii

zayin_2000

WiiChat Member
Feb 4, 2010
Hi new to this forum so
Hello everyone :yesnod:
Ok been looking for a game on the wii that is like singstar as the family love this games, seen quiet a few different ones.
But on any of them are you able to download new songs as on the xbox?
IF not would appreciate opinions on the best one to get, like the look of the the new karaoke Revolution.
Thanks Wayne

Welcome to WiiChat Zayin. :)

The only pure singing game that I've played is American Idol Encore 2. It was good fun but it didn't allow for any downloadable songs.

As far as I'm aware the Wii version of Karaoke Revolution doesn't have downloadable content or online play at all either.

Guitar Hero 5 or Band Hero (depending on what kind of music you like) could be better choices if you want a wider range of songs. The good thing about GH5/Band Hero is that you can use any combination of instruments that you want, so you could have 4 people singing at once if you wanted and not a single guitar in sight, where as most singing games only allow for 2 players. They also feature downloadable songs and online play, so they should last a lot longer than the average singing game. You can buy the games seperately and then pick up a couple of the usb microphones for about $10 a piece.

Hopefully Karaoke Joysound might find its way over here one day. It is a downloadable WiiWare game in Japan that they can download almost any song for. Licensing problems may stop it from ever seeing a western release though.

Hi raisinghelen
thankyou for the welcome and i will have to have alook at the band thing didn't relise you could do that with the mics so never really looked at it the kids got guitar hero and i was rubbish at that LOL.
But will def have allok at the band one if you can download the games :)
Thanks again wayne x

Glad to be of help. :)

Make sure it's Band Hero or Guitar Hero 5 as they are the only ones that support multiple instruments of the same type. Band Hero would probably be better for the kids as it has the more popular pop songs.

Guitar Hero 3 only allowed for guitar but World Tour added drums and mic. It also added the 'Mii Freestyle' mode that lets you play whatever you like (so no real note patterns to follow). My 4 year old granddaughter loves playing the drums or guitar in this mode because there is no way to fail, you just bang the drums or twang the guitar to make some noise and yet it still sounds ok. This freestyle mode is also present in Band Hero and GH5 so your kids might even enjoy the other instruments in those games.

LOL well it sounds nicer than a real drum kit for ya :yesnod:
i saw the g5 in asda but not really the songs for me, will have alook at the band hero, if not looks like karaoke revolution , think they bringing that new one out.Other than that will have to confiscate my sons 360 and buy Lips LOL.
Its only for when we have friends round and we all think we can sing, shame the neighbours don't seem to think we can ...
Oh well
Thanks again wayne x

Back