Size

WiiT

WiiChat Member
May 22, 2006
How do you expect Nintendo do manage to fit a video card, a fan, the gamecube ports, a CD drive, a motherboard, and other things into something that small? I think they have a watercooling system in it personally.

Lol, but I've researched and I haven't found out how they could manage to do this. Just consider this: putting all the stuff I mentioned + more into your CD Drive.It should be really hard.

Nintendo wouldn't just leak out their developments of technology on the internet for you and I to "research" and read.

Anyway, I really couldn't care less about how it's going fit, I just want the console with all those features. :D

not really, the only thing that has kept cd/dvd drives in the computer the size they are is compatibility with slots in cases.

and there is a bit more room in the wii than the size of a cd drive, it looks a little longer and taller based on the slot on the front but around the same thickness

I guess its true about the technology, I just hope the Wii won't have overheating problems like the Xbox 360 did. I was a victom of that.

It would. It would bring down Nintendo's reputation if that happened, which is why I'm worried about the size in the first place. I hope they have some Water Cooling system.

of course the more cooling the better, but i've never had this problem in a game system....and i would guess most of the time its user error

my dvd player/surround sound unit quit working for a while and then when i finally realized why i wanted to kick myself. basically it is the biggest thing in my setup so it was on the bottom and thus most of the cooling vents were being blocked...:( i moved things around a bit and it works fine now though

I think they are going to use similar technology used in lap tops.
The cooling system in lap tops are quite unique.
I wonder what is all in the Wii.

First of all there will not be a Video Card, simply a GPU chip mounted on a main PCB, as well as the CPU, Audio processor and everything else. Look at the size of the GameCube, it doesn't really need to be much bigger, true? The only reason the XBox and PS3 are so big is they have built in hard drives, and due to the mechanical movement require more serious cooling.

WiiT said:
I guess its true about the technology, I just hope the Wii won't have overheating problems like the Xbox 360 did. I was a victom of that.
Mine hasn't overheated bad, not more than my PS2 Slim

Back