Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Wii will not play

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Chat' started by torakuma, Jun 2, 2011.

1. torakuma

torakuma WiiChat Member

Hi guys, My grandaughter has a 4.3U, never modded,that was knocked off the table with the disk inside and then refused to eject the disk. I took it apart and managed to get the ejection mechanism to work with no undue force by re-aligning one of the white plastic levers. However, after said repair it no longer plays any games. Just gives me the " error has occurred " please turn off,eject & consult manual message. After reading many messages on various forums. I completely disassembled this wii and replaced the following parts, Ribbon cable from motherboard to drive, power cable from motherboard to drive, and disk drive itself. New drive is a D4 which the manufacturer claims is backwards compatible with all models & versions of Wii. I have taken this thing apart three times now and still get the same result. I get a red light when plugged in, a green light when turned on, a flashing blue light when inserting a disk, a screen showing the various wii icons. I do not however get any info on the game that I have inserted,(3 different) just a blank spinning disk and when I click on this I get the error message and everything stops. I can find no loose connections and have inspected everything with a 10x magnifier all to no avail. Anyone out there with more knowledge then me will be appreciated and thank you.