so confused..help?

sweet, ty i understand now thanks alot for all ur help:D (by the way im lovin ur sig!!!)

hey

@scubasteve: Well I think all these WiFi help threads are due to people being confused about how to connect to the internet on the Nintendo Wii. The Nintendo Wii won't beable to instantly connect to the internet unless you are in a WiFi hotspot / access point, otherwise you can setup your own WiFi access point, or get the Nintendo Wii Ethernet adaptor.

I think there are two options for setting up a WiFi access point. I think the best (but more complicated) would be to get a WiFi router, which you may need help to setup/configure. I think with this you will beable to access the internet on the Nintendo Wii without your computer being switched on. Otherwise you could just get the Nintendo Wii/DS WiFi USB thingy, which plugs directly into your computer. Hmm, if you have a USB based modem, then I'd probably recommend you just get the Nintendo Wii/DS WiFi USB thingy, hehe :).

The Nintendo Wii Ethernet adaptor allows you to network your Nintendo Wii to your router or computer (via network card).

It's hard to recommend a solution for you without knowing your current setup, do you have broadband internet? do you have a usb modem? do you have a regular or WiFi router?

BTW, your name reminds me of someone from a pixel forum :).

edit
@Mitch2025: What about the News and Weather Channels? the internet would also be required for these!

Hmm, I think this thread may be quite confusing to read through? I dunno. BTW, I'm guessing you already know what the Virtual Console is? Well just in case... it's a collection of past video game consoles including the NES, SNES, N64, Sega Megadrive/Genesis and TurboGrafx-16. You can purchase Virtual Console games using Wii Points, and then download and play them :). The hardware of each console is actually emulated through software. I hope that all makes sense?

cyas

Last edited:
i have a wireless router and highspeed internet, i kno it works cuz i can browse the net on my pc and psp wirelessly, i kno how all that stuff works i was just wondering when i would be able to do that and play games wirelessly, btw does anyone know if they are gonna add online play to already existing games when online play is available? like say download a patch or firmware so i can play call of duty 3 and madden 07 online? (nope ive never been on a pixel forum i think thats wat u said it was)

Back