so where do you guys work?

As a structural designer/project engineer designing rock conveying and crushing equipment

surfinrach90 said:
I don't work. I did for a year in a restraunt but I quit because of 'exams' basicly I wanted my Saturday Nights back. It was killing me. My father said last night I should get a job so I could buy a car off him when I hopefully pass my test in 3 months. What job should I get?

If you seriously want our opinions on this...
Assuming your profile age is correct, then your the same age as me.
I would recommend getting a job at a restaurant (A nice one, not a fast food place). I don't know exactly how it works in UK, but here in Canada it's a great job for high school/university students (especially when you start at our age).
The big money lies in being a server. Here, you can't be one until your 18, so it's good to start now as a hostess or something, gain a good reputation, and make friends. As soon as your 18 they'd make you a server and you'll be making over a hundred bucks a day most of the time. Thats my plan until i'm done university (except i'm a busser).
Again this is Canada so the standards might be different and it could be possible that it wouldn't be good at all out where you live. Check it out though.

Prez said:
If you seriously want our opinions on this...
Assuming your profile age is correct, then your the same age as me.
I would recommend getting a job at a restaurant (A nice one, not a fast food place). I don't know exactly how it works in UK, but here in Canada it's a great job for high school/university students (especially when you start at our age).
The big money lies in being a server. Here, you can't be one until your 18, so it's good to start now as a hostess or something, gain a good reputation, and make friends. As soon as your 18 they'd make you a server and you'll be making over a hundred bucks a day most of the time. Thats my plan until i'm done university (except i'm a busser).
Again this is Canada so the standards might be different and it could be possible that it wouldn't be good at all out where you live. Check it out though.
It depends what uni your going to, i'm at the university of Plymouth, and down here the restuarant business isn't THAT big, down by the barbican it is, but there are no jobs left, in other city's it might be different.

I find freelancing as a student is the best, work from your flat :)

Prez said:
As soon as your 18 they'd make you a server and you'll be making over a hundred bucks a day most of the time. Thats my plan until i'm done university (except i'm a busser).

Woah $100 I don't think they make as much money as that over here but it's good to look into. I like in a town with quite alot of pubs and a one or two restraunts. I know one or two owners of these places so I could ask them. It's something worth looking into.

As for now I think I'll carry on living on my EMA money (Get £30 off my college every week as long as I go to every lesson) and I'll just hope my father will give me the car :arf:

I have 3 jobs! I am the Advertising Editor for my college newspaper, I am an Accountant for an insurance agency, and I work in a restaurant.

Plus I'm a full time college student!

I have very little Wii time

I work nights
So I live a tiwlight exeisance
and finish at 6am Friday morning till 9pm monday

im still in school but i do a paper round so i save up for wii games and it bought me the wii and a brand new tv

i work retail. its pretty easy but i need to focus on studies more. plan to quit end of july. got a good amount of spare cash from it, though.

i just about think everyone knows what i do.......

NYPD, kNock Your Punk-ass Down!!!!!!!:devil:

Back