Some games don't "fit" on my screen...

Gumby

WiiChat Member
Oct 1, 2007
Had my Wii for a little while now and noticed that when i play Mario & Sonic olympics or DDR the top of the game is cut off and you can't read anything!! (it really sucks for the DDR "dance gauge" not even being able to see it) I have a 60" that i run my Sat dish, Blu Ray player, dvd player, PS3, and Wii on it and they all are centered perfectly only those 2 games are out of whack. Even the Wii menu and everything else about the Wii is centered and works great. There are no options to move the screen in game. Any ideas?

sremick said:
Your TV might need to be calibrated.

yeh but everything else lines up perfectly (games, movies, sat dish etc)

Gumby said:
Had my Wii for a little while now and noticed that when i play Mario & Sonic olympics or DDR the top of the game is cut off and you can't read anything!! (it really sucks for the DDR "dance gauge" not even being able to see it) I have a 60" that i run my Sat dish, Blu Ray player, dvd player, PS3, and Wii on it and they all are centered perfectly only those 2 games are out of whack. Even the Wii menu and everything else about the Wii is centered and works great. There are no options to move the screen in game. Any ideas?
Yes i have the exact same problem with Cooking mama, the sides extend to far and i can't seem to get it to fit.

If I were to guess, your TV might be set to either "crop" or "stretch" (stretch more likely). Set to original format. Some TVs might call it "Full". Don't use "zoom" or "wide zoom".

Back