Sony to force Blu-ray upon us

ABC said:
Are you trying to imply that I may be emo? :lol: :lol: I am an Italian speaking electronic music producer from New Jersey... you don't see many of those kids around here. :lol: But if you say so.
Avier, is that you?

LMAO @ abc.

Even if it was only hitachi, microsoft, and intel backing hd-dvd, I would still very much stick to my opinion.

ABC said:
Really? More movie studios and technology companies are backing Blu-Ray than they ar HD DVD. Here ya go, from engadget.com... not looking too good for HD-DVD.

Studios (movie and game) listed as supporting members

Blu-Ray -

20th Century Fox
Buena Vista Home Entertainment
Electronic Arts
MGM Studios
Paramount Pictures
Sony Pictures Entertainment
The Walt Disney Company
Vivendi Universal Games
Warner Bros.

HD DVD -

Buena Vista Home Entertainment
New Line Cinema
Paramount Pictures
The Walt Disney Company
Universal Studios
Warner Bros.

It gets better. Much better... read on.

Companies listed as Members of the Board or Managing Members

Blu-Ray -

Apple Computer Corp.
Dell, Inc.
Hewlett Packard Company
Hitachi, Ltd.
LG Electronics Inc.
Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
Panasonic (Matsushita Electric)
Pioneer Corporation
Royal Philips Electronics
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Sharp Corporation
Sony Corporation
TDK Corporation
Thomson
Twentieth Century Fox
Walt Disney Pictures and Television

HD DVD

Memory-Tech Corporation
NEC Corporation
Sanyo Electric Co.

^Yup, you read that correctly. Those are the technology companies backing HD DVD. If we were to tally the score right now, Blu-Ray took the cake and the table too. Get the facts, it really might expand your mind a bit.

Here ya go, read the full article, Blu-Ray is far in the lead:

Blu-ray vs HD DVD: State of the Division - Engadget

Not like you can argue against the above FACTS anyway, but here, I will even go as far to see who is doing better financially. As most of us know, the companies that founded Blu-Ray are Sony and Philips Electronics and the ones that founded HD DVD are Toshiba and Hitachi. Here are the stock quotes:

HD DVD

Toshiba Stock at 5.04
Hitachi Stock at 58.80

Blu Ray

Sony Stock at 39.69
Philips Stock at 37.42

So you can clearly see there are two VERY stable companies that founded and are investing the most into Blu-Ray while HD-DVD has Hitachi that is actually making some money. Stability is key in the world of electronics. Anyone? Please, I would love to hear what you have to say to the above stated FACTS.

In terms of being backed up and power, Blu-Ray is far superior. But it's the same deal with Betamax.

Betamax was actually better and more useful than VHS, but it was way more expensive. I think that Blu-Ray is behind HD-DVD because of that.

sony are forcing blue ray upon everyone... and using PS3 to push it... thinking the success of the PS2 will help them win of HD-DVD

to be honest Blue Ray name sounds rubbish... I hope it crashes and burns...

Therook

Man, Squall7, I just have to say, you put up a good fight, and I respect you completely. I have had to deal with my fair share of morons online before, and ABC is definitely right up there with the worst of them. You made great points, and if ABC wasn't so ignorant, he would have conceded a long time ago. Everything you said about UMD and N64 was completely relevant, and people on these forums could learn a thing or two from you. It certainly is depressing that we live in a society which has nearly no morals or personal ethics anymore, and where if anyone who is man enough to say something about it is called a pussy, when really anyone who calls that man a pussy is just ignorant and a hypocrite. ABC, you are moronic, and you fail miserably at trying to prove your smarter, better, and tougher than Squall7, when really you're the one acting like you're in kindergarten. Are you such a "man" that the best retorts you can come up with are pictures of crying babies and nonsensical, incoherent sentences that are littered with swear words? You really should try growing a pair and walking up straight, before your life has passed you by and your left with not a soul who truly cares for you.

Oh, and about the topic at hand: although the information that ABC initially provided was useful in trying to distinguish what Sony's true focus is with the PS3, so was Squall7's, because one should constantly use history as a reference for what the future entails.

LordOfPlague said:
In terms of being backed up and power, Blu-Ray is far superior. But it's the same deal with Betamax.

Betamax was actually better and more useful than VHS, but it was way more expensive. I think that Blu-Ray is behind HD-DVD because of that.

That was last year's news, might I add?

Totally agree with you, ive already expressed my thoughts on a ''local'' gaming forum about this, the ps3 is sony's way of actually winning the high definition war, not the next gen one. Had the PS3 the lack of blu-ray player, it would cost cheaper, and generally appeal even more to the public

VII said:
Man, Squall7, I just have to say, you put up a good fight, and I respect you completely. I have had to deal with my fair share of morons online before, and ABC is definitely right up there with the worst of them. You made great points, and if ABC wasn't so ignorant, he would have conceded a long time ago. Everything you said about UMD and N64 was completely relevant, and people on these forums could learn a thing or two from you. It certainly is depressing that we live in a society which has nearly no morals or personal ethics anymore, and where if anyone who is man enough to say something about it is called a pussy, when really anyone who calls that man a pussy is just ignorant and a hypocrite. ABC, you are moronic, and you fail miserably at trying to prove your smarter, better, and tougher than Squall7, when really you're the one acting like you're in kindergarten. Are you such a "man" that the best retorts you can come up with are pictures of crying babies and nonsensical, incoherent sentences that are littered with swear words? You really should try growing a pair and walking up straight, before your life has passed you by and your left with not a soul who truly cares for you.

Oh, and about the topic at hand: although the information that ABC initially provided was useful in trying to distinguish what Sony's true focus is with the PS3, so was Squall7's, because one should constantly use history as a reference for what the future entails.
Thanx for your support. I hope next time it will be a more civil discussion. I'm glad somebody has agreed with me, and taken note of my points.

Once again, thank you for your support. :D

Back