SSBB Online Ranking System

Link to Nintendo GCN Shell Wii Controller - Link

This is not a 3rd party controller, and Nintendo is all about working backwards with the wii. They have the VC channel where you can DL and play many hit games from NES, SNES, and N64, and you can play all GCN games as well as use all GCN controllers and memory cards with the Wii. As for Wireless GCN controller how can you possibly forget the Wavebird??!! With the popularity of the "classic" control set up there would be no reason for SSBB not using older style contros. Nintendo is all about making hardware affordable enough so you won't burn a hole in your pocket.

can't we use the classic controller instead?.. i still dont get why the classic controller can't be used for gamecube games, it even has the clicking down shoulder buttons, if someone would care to enlighten me ^^.

:( If they dont have online ranking it usually ruins the experience for me. What keeps me playing online games is the need to show my rank. Show how good I am. Not just play random people in like an exhibition match. Give me a record like 43-23 and give me a rank. I remember playing Socom 2 for over 370 hours. yes, my account said 370. Clans and my ranking were what kept me going. If it was just for fun, I would have been out around 40-50 hours. Not enough incentive for me to play. Same with Halo 2, and Madden showing everyone my record.

I agree believeinapathy, as i said online ranking really increases replay value. As for being able to use the classic controller, I'm not so sure about that. Might have to do some research.

it would awesome if it had a ranking system for unlocking new charcters the higher rank you went. or if someone online could make a mod that allowed people to create their own ssbb charcter. probably wont happen though:(

Well I'm sure that the characters you unlock in single player mode you will be able to use in multiplayer and online. So the more you achieve in single player the more characters will be available to choose from. And making your own character would never happen, just becuase of copyright problems and you would have to be able to transfer a model for your Wii and a model that shows up in game for other Wiis. Just won't happen but would be neat if you could customize your own in game.

They wouldn't make it so a character would be extremely overpowered, it would be more of a customization where they gave you set parameters to create a character.

Well I found it for you guys
Concerning Brawl's online functionality, Sakurai stated that no online ranking system would be implemented, though the recording of a win-loss record wasn't ruled out.
Read the full article here

Thats really a bumber but then again a win loss record would be good to have maybe someone can use that to make a ranking system on the net...somehow

That's so awesome, I'd play nonstop so I'd need some extra batteries at hand for that critical moment when they die and you need them the most..

Awww... Now that sucks :(

But I suppose they could rank you by your Win:Loss ratio like Mario Kart DS?

Last edited:
Back