Starting with Zelda

tonyr1988

WiiChat Member
Dec 12, 2006
Arkansas, United States
Wii Online Code
5915-3034-4885-8290
I played a demo of Zelda:TP in EB Games the other day, and it look really fun. My wife also enjoyed playing it, and we'll probably get it before too long. But....I've never played a single Zelda game ever (please don't kill me :wink:), and I'd like to play a few of the classics before diving into TP, just to make the experience a little better.

I saw that Legend of Zelda was in the VC - I'll probably buy it and play through it. Besides that, which ones are the best? I remembering people saying that Ocarina of Time was one of the best. Are there any worth skipping? I don't plan on being a Zelda junkie, but I'd like to see what the old ones have and get into the game a little more.

yah of course the original, orcarana, and maybe windwaker, im not a zelda junkie either so i've only played twighlight, windwaker, and original( i just know orcarina is good) but you dont have to play any to play twighlight.:smilewinkgrin:

You should try Zelda Master Quest for the Gamecube (includes both Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask), since Wii supports Gamecube games, all you need is a controller and a memory card if you haven't one already.

nope

you need no0 previous zelda experience to love this game no need to get a gc remote and masters quest althoguh that would be fun its not neccesay TP by itself is great

If you want the best zelda experience besides TP definetly get Ocarina of Time, for me, that's the best videogame ever made.

Ocarina of Time is the game that got me hooked on Zelda. I always knew that everyone said the Zelda games were great, but I never really got into them until I watched a friend of mine play through Jabu-Jabu's belly in Ocarina of Time. After that, I headed straight to Wal-Mart and bought myself a copy. Twilight Princess is pretty much the only reason I bought the Wii. I'm hoping that there'll be a lot more good games out soon.

Me and my GF are both hooked. She doesn't play many video games but between zelda and bully (for ps2) shes having lots of fun.

Kuma said:
If you want the best zelda experience besides TP definetly get Ocarina of Time, for me, that's the best videogame ever made.
FF VII for me hands down. But Ocarina was great.

A link to the past on the SNES was great as well. TP reminds me of it. To me, TP means more if you play the old ones since you get an idea of where it all comes from (even though the stories aren't the same, the gameplay mechanics really haven't change much). But as others have said you don't have to play them to enjoy TP, you'll just say 'swiit i got a horse' when we will say 'swiit, its Epona!' or you'll say 'swiit, iron booties' and we will say 'iron boots.... where is some deep water and my blue tunic!' haha.

Last edited:
like everyone ahs said get Ocrina of time if you can its good, but also i think Wind waker is great also, it was a nice little change from the other zeldas.

If I were you, I'd beat a Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time. You can do Twilight Princess before or after, it doesn't matter.

Back