Still trying to get on WiiShop...wtf

SinceNine19

Ride or Die
Dec 17, 2006
VA, USA
Wii Online Code
5220-4588-0793-0698
Still trying to get online Wii Shop Channel. I can get on News/Forecast just fine.

Whenever I try to connect to the WiiShop Channel it just sits on "Connecting. Please Wait." FOREVER!!! I mean hours upon hours lol. It will just never connect dammit. My system is fully updated as well it said online...I just don't get it. I wanna download some VC games and get on WiiChat and stuff from my Wii. I can get email on my Wii from myself and everything, but for some reason WiiShop just won't work. Any news on what the deal is with that? I know I'm online...

I have never had a problem connecting. Its my assumption that something is quirky on your end. I would reconfigure/erase your connection settings and reset them.

Sometimes when I try to connect to the internet channel it will take a while then say unable to connect. All I have to do is try again and it works fine. Try resetting your Wii maybe, and re-entering your wireless connection info. Still, if it's working for the Forecast channel it should work for the Shop Channel too :S

That's what I figured. Does it take an unsuauuly long time for the first connect or anything I'm unaware of? Everyone seems to get on okay except for me lol. I'll reset the connection settings again I suppose, why not. My router should already be configured though if I'm getting updates and stuff...hmm...thanks for the info guys

Nah, it shouldn't take you any longer the first time to connect, at least it didn't for me. Keep us up to date and I'll try to help all I can.

Thanks guys. I'll try resetting my connection when I get off work this afternoon and also not try to play Zelda first instead ;) I'll keep bumping this thread with information. Thanks for the assistance so far!

i've managed to gety on there 2 out of 2 times and downloading free internet browser thing, managed to get onto forcast channel 4 times and never news channel

though i have the wifi usb thing and it always says connection failed and i am doing everything right i think ? any tips ?

Seems quite a handful of people continously have difficulty getting their Wii's to connect like me. More do connect than don't, but still this sucks. I'm trying to download some junk!

I sometimes have to try a couple of times to get in, it could be the connection or it could be congestion on nintendos side. Keep trying, you should be able to get in, check the settings in your router as well.

The same thing is happening to me. I've had to unplug my wii twice to restart it, and I still can't get into the wii shop. I don't get it.

mothershipconnection said:
Try setting your router to channel 1 or 11. Setting it to 11 immediately fixed this same problem for me.
same here

I gotta figure out how to get into my damn router settings lol. How do you do that? We have a linksys dualband wireless router of some sort. Is there a GUI for it in the software? Or is it a hardware setting like in device manager?

Back