Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Strange Hardware problem on my 2nd Wii

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Hardware' started by kenn, Sep 30, 2007.

1. kenn

kenn WiiChat Member

Ok, I'm on my 2nd Wii. The first one's DVD drive started making a loud grinding noise and I got a refurb replacement through the advance replacement program... I thought I was fine until recently... This is what is going on:

I have three wireless controllers -- One Wavebird and two gamestop wireless gamecube controllers... Whenever I play a gamecube game, everything seems fine, but after a while, the right analog "c" stick will lock in a direction and the screen will rotate (camera rotate) in one direction. Sometimes I can fix it by turning off the remote and turning it back on -- sometimes not. It does it on all three controllers. I've replaced the batteries -- no dice...

The only thing I can think is there is something going on with the controller port for controller #1 in the Hardware because I have never had this issue with these controllers before -- ever...

If it is hardware, I'll be on my 3rd Wii. Apparently I'm a hardware Jinx because I'm about to be on my 3rd 360 as well. Same problem. Failed DVD drives...

2. balrogs.pa

balrogs.pa Wiichats Idiot Identifier

Wii Friend Code: 0588-9206-9468-1123
    0588-9206-9468-1123
    why not just get wired gamecube controllers...

3. kenn

kenn WiiChat Member

how about because I have 3 wireless ones and they worked fine before? Why should wired or wireless matter? I didn't have this trouble before the "newly refurbished" wii. Wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar.

4. MRCOOLGH

MRCOOLGH Naruto Uzumaki

Well...

talk to nintendo and demand them to give you a brand new wii console and have them transfer your wiicode and VC account and your all set then.