Super Mario RPG

Yeah, there's one guy who talks about it all the time :D

Anyway, I'd love to see it too. I rented it and got to the last castle but had to take it back. Would be nice to play through it again and actually beat it this time. Problem is there aren't very many Squaresoft games on the VC. There's one called King's Knight. Some people think Square won't release very many games because they like to do the compilation and remake thing all the time. Same thing with Enix and their Dragon Warrior and Star Ocean games.

However, Mario is a partnership between Nintendo so it seems like that would be one of the obvious ones that they could just release. Unless they plan on some sort of Mario RPG/Paper Mario compilation thing down the road.

I'm the mario rpg fan but you know what it's going to come. Cant wait tho i made like 100000000000000000000000000 therads about this. get smrpg cart then download the game then get an emulator then buy an xbox 360 controller problem sloved

Super Mario RPG should NOT be released, ever. I tell you why.

I've seen the future.

A few years from now a horrible epidemic will sweep across the globe wiping out countless millions. BigJake52 is the one who is responsible for discovering the cure. However, if SMRPG is released on VC he will be hopelessy consumed by it and will therefore not find the cure, condemning us all. The timeline will be irrevocably contaminated.

Please join me in petitioning Nintendo to ensure that this horrible game is never released.

Only kidding dude.

Trust me, I'm waiting for this game too. I check every Monday only to see if this game is released, but it never is.

Super Mario RPG is so overrated. It was good at the time, but now that Paper Mario series have come out it's complete generic RPG crap with Mario in the title.

So only get it for nostalgic reasons.

how could u call it "complete generic RPG crap?"
it was the first RPG for mario
if RPG was never made, would Paper Mario ever be created?
you have to start and learn somewhere...

heymoe99 said:
how could u call it "complete generic RPG crap?"
it was the first RPG for mario
if RPG was never made, would Paper Mario ever be created?
you have to start and learn somewhere...

That has to be the dumbest reasoning I've seen in quite awhile.

Bravo! :lol:

I thought it was great! It had good humor, it was fun to play, the battle system is still pretty fresh (and set the ground for current Mario RPG's).

And it had funny, memorable characters! Geno is still one of my favorite characters.

En4Neo, have you even played it? All the way through?

Please don't tell me you used an emulator. The rom version is so bugged up it's not worth it. But that's what the VC is for!

Sorry, but it was one of the best games of my child hood! Oh, and overrated? I'm sorry, but (much to my own dismay) it's sales did terrible. That's what you get for coming out at the end of the SNES's life span.

En4Neo said:
Super Mario RPG is so overrated. It was good at the time, but now that Paper Mario series have come out it's complete generic RPG crap with Mario in the title.

So only get it for nostalgic reasons.

Disagree. However, I have to admit I've never played the Paper Marios, so from my perspective SMRPG is gold. I always thought the animation and graphics were pretty surreal. I had quite a bit of fun playing this one years ago.

If Bigjake52 heard you say such things he'd be foaming at the mouth right about now, but wait, oh yeah, he took a detour into cuckoo-land and got himself banned.

well i heard theres a re-make or a sequel being made by square enix for the ds of this game

Even after playing paper mario 1 and 2, I wanted a super nintendo so bad because I wanted to play Super Metroid and Super Mario RPG, and when I finally got it and found the game,it was as good as paper mario 2!It was the groundbreaker for the paper mario series and I thought it was as good as paper mario 2 and 3.And then I got rid of my super cause I got a wii and Ive been waiting for Super Mario RpG ever since.

Back