Super Swing Golf vs. WiiSports Golf

esabourin

WiiChat Member
Nov 18, 2006
Is it worth buy SuperSwing Golf, or is WiiSports good enough, is it any better, deeper, funner, better controls,

compare. and discuss..

I don't have Super Swing, but I would assume that it's deeper....if it's not, that's a big problem. I haven't played Wii Sports golf much, but I don't even remember being able to play an 18 hole course on that game, is that right?

Super Swing has 10+ courses.

what about the controls,

if i end up buying this game, will the controls be any different/better, cuz that's what i'm looking for the most.

I would just wait for the game to go down in price. 50 bucks for a ok Sports game is not worth it. I would just play Wii Golf for now until Mario Golf comes out next year.

esabourin said:
what about the controls,

if i end up buying this game, will the controls be any different/better, cuz that's what i'm looking for the most.

They are definitely different. From what I've read, I believe that in Super Swing, you take your back swing and hold it...on the screen, it will register at a certain power level, and when you pull your swing back far enough, it will be within the power level that you want it at, and then you hold or press A and then take your swing. I'm not 100% sure about that, though.

And I also read that when you swing, the way the remote is facing when you swing effects the ball flight. Which really isn't a factor in Wii Sports.

JerrodDRagon said:
I would just wait for the game to go down in price. 50 bucks for a ok Sports game is not worth it. I would just play Wii Golf for now until Mario Golf comes out next year.

Mario Golf!!! I want!

Comparing Wii Sports Golf to Super Swing is similar to comparing a paper airplane to the Space Shuttle. SSG is so much deeper of a game, with a lot of control over swing, head placement, spin, items, equipment... I've been playing for hours and have only scratched the surface.

Plus, it's just plain a lot of fun.

the_peripheral said:
They are definitely different. From what I've read, I believe that in Super Swing, you take your back swing and hold it...on the screen, it will register at a certain power level, and when you pull your swing back far enough, it will be within the power level that you want it at, and then you hold or press A and then take your swing. I'm not 100% sure about that, though.

And I also read that when you swing, the way the remote is facing when you swing effects the ball flight. Which really isn't a factor in Wii Sports.

This is my main criticism of the game.

The biggest con about SSG is that you don't take a fluid swing like you do in Wii Golf. You have to take it back and hold it there until you get the power meter you want. The take back doesn't seem to respond as nicely as Wii Golf. So its not a fluid swing that you take, which is a big problem in my opinion.

On the flipside. the angle which you come through the ball affect if you slice or hook it, which is cool. And of course, its much deeper game in terms of what you can do.

But I really loved the idea in Wii golf that the power of your swing is strictly determined by the power that you actually swing the remote. Its much more life like.

As another example; to putt, all you have to do is angle your wrists, not like taking an actual putting stroke. Mind you, this is coming from a guy you like to golf in real life.

I'm thinking I'll wait for Tiger Woods. Hopefully the controls for that are really realistic. I would think that they will be. Anybody seen any reviews from the game places that get to play the games early?

In super swing golf the game pays attention to the way you swing and not how strong you swing. This way people can't just flick there wrists and get full power. Instead you need to get into a golf swinging form and if you mess up performing the swing the ball goes out of control like real golf.

I just bought this game and it is Albatross 18 for computer except on the
wii. I loved albatross 18 so I may be partial but I love the game, and it is very addicting getting more pang which is the currency in the game to buy new apparel and clubs and such.

ness173 said:
In super swing golf the game pays attention to the way you swing and not how strong you swing. This way people can't just flick there wrists and get full power. Instead you need to get into a golf swinging form and if you mess up performing the swing the ball goes out of control like real golf.

Yes, but how strong you swing in real golf matters just as much as control. Hitting a ball like you would in Wii Sports Golf would be like a 5 year old hitting a golf ball.

I would wait for Tiger woods 2007. My dad has it on his xbox360 and it is awesome. I can't imagine how good it is on the wii.

Back