Switching Players

Mayloe

WiiChat Member
Aug 12, 2007
Gulfport, Fl.
Wii Online Code
5329-9836-9514-5803
Hi Everyone-
maybe someone can help me resolve this likely simple problem. My wife and I purchased our Wii yesterday, got the extra controllers, etc. Wii Sports is the only game we have at the moment. Here's the initial problem we've encountered. If we play 1 Player at any particular sport; finish our game and the other person wants to start playing - it seems like we have to back all the way out of the game and even turn off the Wii (with the Wiimote I was using), and then power on with the other player's Wiimote enter WiiSports before the new player has control of the game. Is this normal procedure for switching players? We each have a Mii, and we have them in the Mii Console as well as loaded onto our individual Wiimotes.

To add to that, both of us are able to navigate the Wii Channels, but if the new player goes into Wii Sports before the old player has Powered off the Wii - the new player will not have the "hand" to control action on the screen.

Finally - in Wii Sports - is it possible for 2 players to play on the same team, or will it always be competitive?

Thank you!!!

Mayloe said:
Finally - in Wii Sports - is it possible for 2 players to play on the same team, or will it always be competitive?

Well Depends on the game I think Tennis you could play on the same team. I think you can also in baseball(not sure of it) but others i think you have to go against each other =[ sorry

Mayloe said:
Hi Everyone-
maybe someone can help me resolve this likely simple problem. My wife and I purchased our Wii yesterday, got the extra controllers, etc. Wii Sports is the only game we have at the moment. Here's the initial problem we've encountered. If we play 1 Player at any particular sport; finish our game and the other person wants to start playing - it seems like we have to back all the way out of the game and even turn off the Wii (with the Wiimote I was using), and then power on with the other player's Wiimote enter WiiSports before the new player has control of the game. Is this normal procedure for switching players? We each have a Mii, and we have them in the Mii Console as well as loaded onto our individual Wiimotes.

To add to that, both of us are able to navigate the Wii Channels, but if the new player goes into Wii Sports before the old player has Powered off the Wii - the new player will not have the "hand" to control action on the screen.

Thank you!!!

Hi Mayloe,

To switch player, in Wii Sports, press + button. Then select Quit button. It will take you back to the selection screen of Wii Sports.

For 2 player game, only Tennis can do the same team. Others always competitive.

Back