Freezing between Wii channel switching

ddslee

WiiChat Member
Nov 20, 2006
Here is the situation. I have set up the Wii and configured the WiFi. After two firmware update procedures, I spent some time in the main menu and also tried out the Wii Sport mini games.

Normally, Wii resets itself when you change Wii channels. The player indicator light goes out and then quickly (within 1 sec or so) comes back on and player 1 light stays lit. The screen goes to black and then the whatever channel you have chosen gets loaded and displayed on the screen.

My Wii is acting up especially when I click on Mii channel or the Wii shopping channel. :incazzato: The screen goes to black as Wii resets but gets stuck there and doesn't recover. At this point, Wii remote is mysteriously turned off. None of the player indicator lights are lit. Pressing any button (including the power button) results in all 4 player indicator lights to flash. The only resolution is to hold the power button to shut off the console and turn it back on again. This happens once in every 20 tries or so.

Am I the only one who experiences lockups during Wii channel changes?

Last edited:
I am sorry to hear that but my Nintendo Wii is perfect in every way :lol:
Although you should probably go back to the store you bought it at and get a new one ASAP.....if you cant well.......I am VERY SORRY!

I too just sat through the 2 updates and now have the Wii turning on and off in between channel switches. I'm not sure Why Nintendo made the change (I never noticed it before, definitely didn't have that channel loading screen when it rebooted before) and my controller turns off every time as well. However, I am yet to have a lock up - just a couple extra seconds between channel switches. I'm sure its a real issue with the current firmware push though, and will most likely be fixed very soon.

Gah by the sounds of this I'm just not going to bother connecting to the internet for a week or so after uk release just to let nintendo get their asses in gear, it sounds like the World of Warcraft patches all over again, everything would be fine, you update and suddely *BAM* **** starts happening ^_^

Back