Taxes

Gaz said:
haha...
that 17.5% tax is VAT not tax slapped on your wages...
so for most things you buy from england, the government get 17.5% of the price.

Yeah, VAT, Value Added - really what's the extra value? :lol: Is there an exclusion of the VAT on food products and services?

Gaz said:
Tax slapped on your income depends on how much you earn. my dad gets quite a bit, and thus the government charge him about 43% of his wages.

I'm all for a _flat_ tax - no scaling or ratios based on income, just everyone pay X% - period.

[DT] said:
Yeah, VAT, Value Added - really what's the extra value? :lol: Is there an exclusion of the VAT on food products and services?

I'm all for a _flat_ tax - no scaling or ratios based on income, just everyone pay X% - period.

Because you're on the high side of that. ;)

I agree with graduated income tax, but I believe the intervals should be smaller so that going up a bracket will not reduce overall income.

Tax slapped on your income depends on how much you earn. my dad gets quite a bit, and thus the government charge him about 43% of his wages.

Ouch. Here we get 19.5% income tax at the lowest and 33% being the highest. I hate taxes, but they serve a good purpose.

Gaz said:
haha...
that 17.5% tax is VAT not tax slapped on your wages...
so for most things you buy from england, the government get 17.5% of the price.

My mistake. Thanks for pointing that out. :)

Back