Ten things Nintendo needs to do

stickmode

WiiChat Member
Feb 4, 2009
Hello, It's sad that Nintendo again finish in the third position on the E3 conference. They was show some games for the hardcore fans, but the rest was dissapoint, no new innovations and new creative forms to atract the gamers. Only a few great third party games, it's dissapoint that they don't launched the Wii version of Modern Warfare 2 as they did with COD:WAW the last year. Dissapointed that Mr. Spielberg a huge Nintendo fan appears in the Microsoft conference praising the Natal project, I will never buy another Boom Blox game for this. And Miyamoto never appears in the stage.
It's clear that Microsoft start an agressive campaign to catch Nintendo casual gamers, copying the Nintendo's ideas and trying to surpass them. I think Nintendo needs to do the same but much better to finnaly beat Microsoft completely. Here are 10 things I recoment for Nintendo:

Launch a Camera device for the Wii that offers better features, with this Nintendo easy beat the motion controls projects from Microsoft and Sony. I don't afraid for the Sony solution, it's clear that will be the same fail as the eye-toy.
Increace the Wiispeak support, offer new games with voice recognition and push the third parties to implement this functionality in his games.
Launch the DLC in his games and in the third-party games.
Make a standard the Wi-Fi connection on all the next Wii games, only a few Wii games uses the Wi-Fi connection.
Try to buy new great Studios that can help Nintendo to launch more first and sencond party games. It's awful that are very low quality Wii games in the market.
Microsoft and Sony spend tons of money to acquire exclusive franchises to his respective consoles, Nintendo must do the same pushing the third-parties to make AAA games for Wii, the Wii owners wants games like MGS, Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry, Fallout, AC, Crysis, Doom, etc. Is completely demonstrated that if the developers put enough effort they can create a Wii game with a xbox360/ps3 quality and far better controls.
Nintendo needs to check his online infrastructure, contract a great company expert in network server infrastructure (Google anyone) taking the best advantage points. The Wii online service it's better as is freedom, no more friends codes. The others consoles don't implement this and is only responsability of the parents to take care if his son chat with an unknow person. The freedom online service refers that each third-party offer his own servers to connect his Wii games online, with his own infrastructure and his advantages (optional servers to supply the increasing gamer demand) over an unique server system.
Improve the Wii development tools, offering better features to make the games. They can license the best graphics engines to offer support for the Wii.
Offer an upscaling system for the Wii, to improve the graphics from 480p to 720p resolution. I remenber when Mad Cats launches the HDMI adapter for the xbox360 to increace the resolution from 720p to 1080p. Nintendo can do the same offering an HDMI adapter for HDTVs.
Launch the Manga channel, this is an original and great idea offering the best japanese mangas to the gamers, thing that the others consoles can't offer. Nexfix and Youtube are interested in offer the service for the Wii too, Nintendo must acept this and enable the DVD playback to wacht movies on the Wii.
There are some more great ideas and strategies for Nintendo to beat the Microsoft strategy.

is there a meaning hiding behind that wall of text? It gives me a headache trying to read that.

tl;dr, but I know one thing they need to do: Sack Iwata, Fils-Aime, and all the other high paid idiots who don't know what the **** they're doing.

tl;dr, but I know one thing they need to do: Sack Iwata, Fils-Aime, and all the other high paid idiots who don't know what the **** they're doing.
they obviously know what they're doing if they managed to create a console that's selling more the the 360 and the ps3.

there's only 3 reasons it sells better
1: cheaper. $250 while the othera are both more than $300

2: parents thinking 'family fun games' are a great buy while most kids hate them

3: Mario

C'mon Stickmode, I'm not asking you to write like a college english professor, but your posts are near impossible to comprehend. Just slow down as you type and give a little bit of proofreading before you click the post button. Some of the points you brought up sound pretty interesting, especially about Wii Speak support. But sadly, that and online gameplay go hand in hand, so until they decide to fully shell out Wi-Fi Connection Wiispeak won't get much love (unless someone makes an Endwar style voice control game).

that is correct that Microsoft came out with a $199 Xbox 360, but it doesnt really count because it has 256mb of hd on it! my flash drive has 8x more memory than it! the thing is a piece of ****, yes it is a 360 and obviously capable of playing 360 games, that is if you plan on beating every game in 1 day and not saving a single thing, but the Wii sells better, because of pretty much the 3 things listed above, but it also sells better, because the name "Nintendo" has been a household name since our parents were kids, so it is a dynasty of great products (such as the Wii).

2 Things the OP needs to do:

1. Use the Enter button
2. Number the Ten things.

Other than that, I disagree with the "upscale" bit. That will no doubt be in Wii HD.

DPrinny was here
Stickmode is a loser

Goddamnit. Another whinney stickmode rant thread.

I was satisfied by Nintendos E3 performance. Honestly Other M was enough for me. Sure I was really hoping for a new GOOD Starfox game, but I don't care since this new Metroid looks amazing. And meh on the Mario, mainly because I'd be a lot more excited if it was a whole new adventure instead of a Galaxy sequel. Also theres this really cool looking RPG game coming for the Wii that was announced at E3, just not during the conference. And the Conduit. Period.

I didn't pay too much attention to the Sony or Microsoft E3 news but I mostly just saw stuff that was already announced (other than the Natal camera and a 360 MGS spin off). Nintendo's E3 show had 2 new Mario games and a new Metroid announced. That seemed pretty awesome to me but maybe I missed something new that beats 2 Marios and a Metroid to put Nintendo in 3rd place?

From what I could decipher, the 10 things seem to be..

1. Launch a Camera

Ubisoft have a Wii camera coming out, which could mean that they'll have options for it in future games. I'm not sold on cameras though because these things seem to work ok but often end up being a gimmick that only produces basic casual games.

2. Increace the Wiispeak support

This would be good.

3. Launch the DLC in his games and in the third-party games.

There are Wii games with DLC already.

4. Make a standard the Wi-Fi connection on all the next Wii games

Agreed, more games should have online.

5. Try to buy new great Studios

Although they havent bought them Nintendo have secured the services of Team Ninja and Treasure for 2 of their most 'hardcore' games.

6. Microsoft and Sony spend tons of money to acquire exclusive franchises to his respective consoles, Nintendo must do the same pushing the third-parties to make AAA games for Wii, the Wii owners wants games like MGS, Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry, Fallout, AC, Crysis, Doom, etc.

All of Nintendo's own games are exclusives and they stay exclusive. I'd like a Ninja Gaiden but Team Ninja is making Metroid, which I want more. Most of the games you mention are not exclusives, so i think you mean you want more multiplatform games. Wii specific games seem to work out better though.

7. Nintendo needs to check his online infrastructure

Lost the will to read this one but friend codes are here to stay for 1st party games. For 3rd party it is up to them.

8. Improve the Wii development tools

I've heard they were pretty easy to use but I don't know because I'm not a dev. 3rd party devs are starting to develop their own engines for the Wii, with High Voltage and Ubisoft looking to have the best so far.

9. Offer an upscaling system for the Wii, to improve the graphics from 480p to 720p resolution

Don't think that this will happen but the next Nintendo console will be 1080p.

10. Launch the Manga channel

Yes more channels would be good.

I don't think that Nintendo actually has to do much at all to beat Microsoft as they are still outselling them and it doesn't seem like thats going to change anytime soon.

About #6.

That's probably the key thing that would get haters off of Nintendos back. I'm sure they'd shut up if an exclusive Metal Gear or DOOM came to the Wii. And I know I'd love for that to happen.

Stickmode, you don't make any sense. Why do you want Nintendo to be Microsoft/Sony?

If they do that they would be out of business. The reason they are successful is precisely because they did not try to go head-to-head with those guys. They have a differentiated product. Hell now Sony & MS are trying to be like Nintendo.

Just buy a 360/PS3/PC and you can play all the "hardcore" games you want.

But your not gonna get games like Shiren3, Muramasa, Zelda, Metroid, Mario Kart etc.

Back