Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Why Third-party Games Don't Sell on the Nintendo Wii

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Gaming' started by vashivihan, Mar 3, 2008.

1. vashivihan

vashivihan Let There Be Rock

Wii Friend Code: 8799-9801-1544-7718
    8799-9801-1544-7718
    no comment
    linkage

2. CantGetAWii

CantGetAWii WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 3099-0319-5478-2979
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Nice article, but personally I do see third party support improving somewhat.
    Hopefully it does anyways.

3. WiiBad

WiiBad Member of Wiichat

The Wii has also become my "Zelda player" and third party games are just better on 360 if you ask me; wouldn't have said the same thing a few months ago, but Nintendo has changed. If not for Zelda, Metroid and Mario all on the same system, along with being able to realistically play golf...!

4. Solidopc

Solidopc Ocean-Wide Ultimate

Wii Friend Code: 1265-0668-2646-9020
    1265-0668-2646-9020
    Yes, its a dam shame. I stopped playing my wii for a while, as there were no games that interested me. If i had the cash, i would buy a 360 for the online play. that is where i feel reallybummed out with nintendo.

If they had provided us with a decent online capability, to play the really good games, like mario kart, smash bros, battalion wars2, and more, it wouldnt have been so bad. We could of filled our bored hours with playing top quality nintendo games with people all over the world.

But they have shafted is big with the friend code thing. I have battalion wars 2 now, but cant even play anyone ekse on it. As i dont have any wii friends, let alone ones who have the game aswell.

Also this is true. I have stopped buying 3rd party games, unless i read a few good reviews, as ive bought so much shite in the past, and will no longer waste my money. If they were putting out good games, im sure more would be buying them. they chrun out rubbish, then moan it doesnt sell.

I think the wii could have been great. if we had had the proper online play.

5. sremick

sremick Got lifeboat?

Wii Friend Code: 0000-0000-0000-0000
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    It's simple: 3rd-parties were caught with their pants down with the success of the Wii. Nintendo had faith, and developed gung-ho... that's why their games are so good.

By the time the third-party developers caught on (last year), they had a lot of ground to make up. Games take time. Quality games take a lot of time. That's why so many third-party games out right now suck: they were rushed in order to get something out on the market to ride the Wii's coattails.

The natural production schedule is coming to fruition, however. 2008 is going to be a year of a lot of quality 3rd-party games, as the development that started way back early 2007 when 3rd-parties woke up produces final product.