Terrified I broke my internet somehow

godsoe

WiiChat Member
Dec 30, 2006
I was browsing away but accidently hit the power button. Now, I can't even connect to anything at all. I tried unplugging, I tried reconnecting over and over again, I even tried connecting to other(my neighbor's) routers. My USB connector is showing full bars but my wii gives me error code 52140. Can anybody help?

Error Codes 52100 - 52199

Try adjusting the "Channel" your wireless router broadcasts on. We highly recommend setting your wireless router to either channel 1 or 11. This can potentially increase the download speed. For information on accessing your router's settings, click here to select the brand name and model number of your router (if available).

Our experience has shown that you may need to manually enter your DNS settings into the Wii console in order to connect to the Internet. To determine these setttings, you'll need to follow the step below using your PC.

Another device may be sharing the same I.P. address of the Wii console. Try manually assigning an IP address to your Wii console.
Click the "Start" button in the lower left-hand corner of your computer.
Click "Run."
Type "cmd" into the box and press Enter.
Type "IPCONFIG/ALL" and press Enter.
Enter in the exact same values for Primary DNS and Secondary DNS into the Wii console. (For step-by-step instructions on how to do this, please click here.)

If you are still receiving this error code, please click here for assistance.

Source: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/errors/52100-52199.jsp

Back