The Bonds Homerun Ball*

Brand it with an asterik? WTF!?

Whats his reasoning?

And BTW how much did he buy it for?

I forget
Edit here it is $752,467 dollars Oh it is going to the hall of fame where it should be, just with an asterix, Marc Ecko is just being a jackass.

^AHAHAHAHAHA!!

Dude I want to meet the guy putting the asterik on there. He is a fricking genius and I absolutely agree with what he is doing.

Is that the sole purpose why he bought it? And is the HoF buying it from him for the same price he bought it?

Yeah, I completely agree. If you guys didn't know, he let the world vote to decide for him and there were like 10 million votes cast and the asterisk idea recieved over half of them. So, he's not being the jackass, the world is...

Yes you're right, but it's still not just any ball and i'm sure it meant a lot to him, people always assume that players that use steroids haven't gone through the effort that a reg player does, but i think its the exact opposite. These players have sacraficed time and unfortunately thier bodies to give what thier fans want. One can argue about the money, but i don't think its the case. Sure, it's cheating out guys like Hank and Ruth, but it's still impressive.
The guy who bought it Leves was Marc Ecko, He owns the Clothing designers (Ecko unlmtd) I think it was for publicity, because he let users cast a vote on the fate of that ball.

Last edited:
He took the easy way out, its as simple as that imo. As a bodybuilder, I hate nothing more than anabolic steroids. It shows weakness and, most importantly, disrespect to people who gain muscle the hard way.

I freakin love this guy who's branding the ball.

Wii-Fi said:
Yes you're right, but it's still not just any ball and i'm sure it meant a lot to him, people always assume that players that use steroids haven't gone through the effort that a reg player does, but i think its the exact opposite. These players have sacraficed time and unfortunately thier bodies to give what thier fans want. One can argue about the money, but i don't think its the case.

To give what their teams fans want maybe, but you can't tell me that padres fans or dodgers fans appreciate what he did. And i doubt every single one of the giants fans are in love with him. And besides, why even watch sports if what your watching is basically fake. Bonds, in a way, is different because he was an amazing player before he got huge. But there is no way he would have broken that record before steriods and the asterisk is well deserved.

he was very good before he got huge all of a sudden. IDK you don't see records broken everyday, and i felt that i should appreciate it. He was one of the greatest in baseball in my opinion, it would be like rooting against Jordan for me. Yeah you can argue that the power isn't as real, but if you look at his Avg and Obc it's still very impressive, yes the threat of the homerun bolsters these stats up a bit as well, but i don't think anyone could have cheated as good as Barry did. That is it doesn't take just anyone to pass this guy, with or without steroids.

Last edited:
Michael Jordan didn't cheat. He worked his ass off everyday to become the player he was. I mean I obviously won't be able to change your opinion on this but comparing Michael Jordan and Barry Bonds is just ridiculous...

yeah, its a great idea (and the honest truth) to put the asterisk on the ball..its only fair, bonds still got the fame for all of this, but only looks like a jackass in the end, theres always consequences

I wasn't saying Jordan cheated NOT at all i meant to compare them in greatness and what they've done to thier sports. Bonds never won a champ, but individually both something to watch. I respect your opinion though, i've never taken steroids, nor have i ever hit a hr, but i loved to watch Barry.

Back