Why is that people call the 2008 a bad year for the Wii?

I would question most of those being good games

Indeed, the OP was EXTREMELY loose with picking good titles. Only a handful of great games exist on the Wii, especially in comparison to other consoles that have AAA titles oozing out the wazoo. Multi-platform titles can't really be counted if you have both a Wii and a 360/PS3 since the heavy console version is explosively better, the only exception I've seen to this is Godfather I.

The wii has droughts, and we are currently in one until the summer when The Conduit and such release. I'm currently using the wii as a gamecube for retro games I've been picking up lately, it hasn't gotten any true wii time in months.

I love and hate the wii. It's a console with so much potential but developers are giving it the stink eye after Madworld (a mediocre game at best) didn't do well, claiming "there's no hardcore crowd." Promising titles are ages away and we as gamers have to WAIT for even a decent game to come out every now and then, whereas the owners of other consoles have a large number of choices.

As the owner of a Wii/PS3, along with a mega computer, I'm getting my fill. But if I didn't have the finances for that and only had a Wii, I would sell it and get a console where I'm not hung out to dry until a third party developer actually puts effort into a title.

Last edited:
This has turned into one of the most pointless threads i have ever seen.

Group 1 likes the Wii and its games. They think the games that have come out for the Wii, in 08 or whatever, have been great and enjoy them a lot.

Group 2 thinks group one needs there heads examined and thinks the Wii is trash and thinks the 360/PS3 are the best.

Whats the point to this?

Its all just opinions of what games people enjoy. When i hear someone call Mad World a "mediocre" game at best then i understand this is a guy that i prob don't share a lot in common with as far as gaming taste's go.

So when people say 08 was a bad year for the Wii they just don't like the game that came out for that year. Some of us, me included, liked a lot of the games that came out that year.

Some people dont like the Wii and some people dont like the 360/PS3. Let it go already.:mad2:

Whats the point to this?

Its all just opinions of what games people enjoy. When i hear someone call Mad World a "mediocre" game at best then i understand this is a guy that i prob don't share a lot in common with as far as gaming taste's go.

It's not about fanboyism, it's about quality. An action game that lasts a few hours with a replay or two is nothing compared to the multiple 80+ hour adventures on PC/heavy consoles, or their games with excellent online components that can last for years.
This is exactly what the problem is. Any decent game that comes out on the Wii is considered "Amazing" or even "A triple-A title" when they're not, it's a common case of big fish, little pond.

Monster Hunter 3 is going to be one of those amazing adventures, so is FFCC (hopefully), but none of these games are out and the heavy consoles already have plenty of them.

The Conduit will be setting the standard for FPSs on the Wii, in both gameplay and visuals. I welcome it and I can't wait to get my hands on it, and I truly hope it sells well to shut up those stink-eye giving developers who are probably on their fifth or sixth Unreal engine game. But until then, as I stated before, we're in a drought.

Last edited:
Well obviously it would be your opinion. But I am still curious to see what games YOU consider good. Because unless you tell lies, I doubt there are many you actually think are good.

There's my 360 list. Btw, whats up with you putting "(Also on PC/Wii/PS3)" yet you didn't do it on the Wii list?

You just come on as extremely biased when you do things like that and if you are biased, whats the point in doing a comparison?
I will provide my own list based on my opinions soon enough.

As to be said, my list isn't trying to be geared to being biased. It is merely laziness. It took me awhile to collect data. Trying to correct the list was just not of my interest. I ripped out from a list I designed to be an obvious bias (to refute silly and naive arguments). I was simply too lazy to modify the list I provided. Also to say that I didn't provide information about multiplatform games is a lie. I denoted all exclusives for the Wii were denoted with an asterisk. All games without the Asterisk can be found on other platforms.

If you want to check out the list I provided, feel free to check it out.
http://www.giantbomb.com/wii/60-36/...-was-a-bad-year-for-the-wii/35-240582/?page=2

Also, here is my list of games.
Bold means I like it
A red color means I am interested in playing it but don't own it
Blue means I played it and disliked it
Games that I don't highlight means I have no interest in it.

World of Goo
Super Smash Bros. Brawl*

Rock Band 2
Okami
Bomberman Blast*

Guitar Hero World Tour
Tetris Party*
MaBoShi: The Three Shape Arcade* (I bought it but haven't played it)
Boom Blox*
No More Heroes*
Megaman 9
Bully: Scholarship Edition

Pro Evolution Soccer 2008
Call of Duty: World at War
Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People Episode 1: Homestar Ruiner
Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People Episode 2: Strong Badia the Free
Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People Episode 3: Baddest of the Band
Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People Episode 4: Dangeresque 3: The Criminal Projective
Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People Episode 5: 8 bit is Enough
Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection
Mario Kart Wii*
Art Style: ORBIENT*
de Blob*
Lost Winds* (I bought it but haven't played it)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09
Fifa Soccer 09
Rock Band
Wii Fit*
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King*
Blast Works: Build, Trade, Destroy*
Toki Tori*
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2009
MLB Power Pros 2008
Shaun White Snowboarding: Road Trip
Wario Land: Shake it!*
Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures
Groovin' Blocks*
MySims Kingdom
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon*
Order Up!
We Love Golf!*
Lego Batman
Sam and Max: Season 1
Animal Crossing: City Folk*
Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party
Art Style: Cubello*
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 1
Monster Lab
Dokapon Kingdom*
Naruto: Clash of the Ninja Revolution 2
Endless Ocean*
Mushroom Men: Spore Wars*
Art Style: ROTHEX*
Dr. Mario Online Rx*
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Harvest Moon: Magical Meledoies
Death Jr. Root of Evil
MX vs ATV Untamed
Little League World Series 2008
Crash Bandicoot: Mind over Mutants
Magnetica Twist
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Skate It
Block Breaker Deluxe
Gyrostarr*
Kung Fu Panda
King of Fighters Collection: The Orochi Saga
Monopoly
Speed Racer
Nancy Drew: The White Wolf of Icicle Creek
Disaster: Day of Crisis*
Nerf N-Strike*
Active Life: Outdoor Challenge*
Mario Super Sluggers*
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World*

Samba de Amiga
Top Spin 3
Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party 2
Space Invaders Get Even*
Castle of Shikigami 3
We Ski*
Rubik's World
We Ski and Snowboard*
Sim City Creator
One Piece: Ultimate Adventure
Guinness World Records: The Video Game
Boogie Superstar*
Defend your Castle
House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return
Line Rider 2: Unbound
Midnight Pool*
Family Trainer*
Sonic Unleashed
Dragon Quest Swords: The Mask Queen and Tower of Mirrors*
Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility*
Opoona
TV Show King
Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli
Wild West Guns

Indeed, the OP was EXTREMELY loose with picking good titles.

Subject to your opinion dipshit.

. Only a handful of great games exist on the Wii, especially in comparison to other consoles that have AAA titles oozing out the wazoo. Multi-platform titles can't really be counted if you have both a Wii and a 360/PS3 since the heavy console version is explosively better

The Wii has 8 of these so called "AAA titles". 3 which are exclusive.
The PS3 has 12 of these so called "AAA titles". 3 which are exclusive.
The Xbox360 has 20 of these so called "AAA Titles". 5 which are exclusive.
That isn't a large gap, now is it? Plus the Xbox360 has been around longer as well. It would be expected for it to have more exclusives.
Also to say all multi platform games are vastly superior on the PS3/Xbox360 is subject to opinion. You will never catch me playing a shooter with dual analogs. I would rather have my stripped down version and have the Wii controls over what the other two companies offer.

The wii has droughts, and we are currently in one until the summer when The Conduit and such release. I'm currently using the wii as a gamecube for retro games I've been picking up lately, it hasn't gotten any true wii time in months.

Some good games have been released on the Wii during this time year. Games such as Little King's Story, Guitar Hero: Metallica, New Play Control! Pikmin 2, Pro Evolution Soccer, Excitebots: Trick Racing, Madworld, Rune Factory Frontier, House of the Dead Overkill and plenty of other games.

If course I played my Wii with retro games as well. With backwards compatiability with Gamecube games and the addition to the Virtual Console.

I love and hate the wii. It's a console with so much potential but developers are giving it the stink eye after Madworld (a mediocre game at best) didn't do well, claiming "there's no hardcore crowd." Promising titles are ages away and we as gamers have to WAIT for even a decent game to come out every now and then, whereas the owners of other consoles have a large number of choices.
All gaming platforms have incurred poor sales. Also, all consoles have large numbers of choices. The Wii has over 400 titles. The PS3 and Xbox360 have 600 titles, many which are shared between the two. That doesn't sound like variety of choice but simply choosing hardware with similar games.

As the owner of a Wii/PS3, along with a mega computer, I'm getting my fill. But if I didn't have the finances for that and only had a Wii, I would sell it and get a console where I'm not hung out to dry until a third party developer actually puts effort into a title.
I am quite happy with my Wii. I do have a PC and a DS in addition to some older consoles hooked up. I don't have any reason to go out and sell my Wii.

This has turned into one of the most pointless threads i have ever seen.

And yet you would participate in a conversation about it?

Group 1 likes the Wii and its games. They think the games that have come out for the Wii, in 08 or whatever, have been great and enjoy them a lot.

Group 2 thinks group one needs there heads examined and thinks the Wii is trash and thinks the 360/PS3 are the best.

Whats the point to this?

When it becomes a console war debate. People coming in to tell us it is wrong to own a Wii and the idea of having it hooked up or making use of it is criminal as a user. To be beneath those who have a Xbox 360 and PS3 owners.

This is something that goes unappreciated. People seem to neglect the value of others having opinions that differ from others.

Some people dont like the Wii and some people dont like the 360/PS3. Let it go already.:mad2:

Not when people start flame baits and bullcrap like that. Gets annoying after awhile.

An action game that lasts a few hours with a replay or two is nothing compared to the multiple 80+ hour adventures on PC/heavy consoles, or their games with excellent online components that can last for years.

That happens to be what you value in a game. A lot of people will disagree with you. Some people are even upset with the idea of Multiplayer online getting rid of Single Player gameplay. Some people will argue that multiplayer should be a simple addition instead of the core focused package.

This is exactly what the problem is. Any decent game that comes out on the Wii is considered "Amazing" or even "A triple-A title" when they're not, it's a common case of big fish, little pond.
Again captain Dipshit, don't assume everyone elses opinions conform to your own.

Monster Hunter 3 is going to be one of those amazing adventures, so is FFCC (hopefully), but none of these games are out and the heavy consoles already have plenty of them.

What makes you sure that they will be good? Neither are out yet and there has yet to been a verdict.

The Conduit will be setting the standard for FPSs on the Wii, in both gameplay and visuals. I welcome it and I can't wait to get my hands on it, and I truly hope it sells well to shut up those stink-eye giving developers who are probably on their fifth or sixth Unreal engine game. But until then, as I stated before, we're in a drought.

As I said before, what will make sure they are actually good?

You're a dipshit because you don't agree with me, wah wah wah.

Sovieto said:
Every post of yours just further sinks you into that hole you've dug.
That pretty much says it all.
Godwind said:
what makes you sure that they will be good? Neither are out yet and there has yet to been a verdict.

Monster Hunter 3 is going to be good because it's a sequel to an extremely highly rated game on the PS2 that had over 70 hours of gameplay. It's been in development for a long time and they're putting a large amount of work into it. It's also going to have online co-op, and they're just adding onto Monster Hunter 2. The chance of failure is quite small.

As for FFCC, it looks promising, it's been in development since the Wii was announced and it has quite a vast world. Though, until I hear more about it it's hard to say. It better not have been in dev for so long just for a -40 hour adventure with little incentive to replay.
That happens to be what you value in a game. A lot of people will disagree with you. Some people are even upset with the idea of Multiplayer online getting rid of Single Player gameplay. Some people will argue that multiplayer should be a simple addition instead of the core focused package.

When I said 80+ hour games, I did mean single-player. Oblivion, fallout, several RPG titles (and btw, the wii doesn't even have a well-rated RPG yet.)

As for those gamers upset with multiplayer being the core component of games, that's the fault of the gamer, not the companies themselves. Gaming businesses realized that most people play the first level of a game's single-player campaign to get the hang of the controls and immediately launch the online and leave the single-player to collect dust.

CoD4, for example, has an excellently done single-player with an interesting storyline, amazing mapping and cutscenes, and overall you can tell from a glance they put a lot of effort into it and it doesn't have that generic "Stop talking and let me start shooting" storyline every other war game seems to have, as well as hidden items for unlockables and variety in missions.

Now ask how many players even got through the first two missions before they went online and never touched the single-player again. Companies noticed this trend and stopped putting as much effort into single-player, as they saw it as a waste. It's also just plain logic. Single-player can only last so long, multi-player can be infinitely replayable when it's done right.

About the conduit.
It's an FPS, on the Wii, that takes advantage of its online capabilities, takes FULL advantage of its controls, and doesn't look like a dreamcast game *cough CoD5 cough.*(For GOD'S sakes take that with a grain of sand, it's an exaggeration.) The Wii should've had about 10,000 of these by now, and I see the Conduit as more of a gate-opener than the Wii's halo. Nonetheless, the chances of it sucking are low.

Last edited:
I will provide my own list based on my opinions soon enough.

As to be said, my list isn't trying to be geared to being biased. It is merely laziness. It took me awhile to collect data. Trying to correct the list was just not of my interest. I ripped out from a list I designed to be an obvious bias (to refute silly and naive arguments). I was simply too lazy to modify the list I provided. Also to say that I didn't provide information about multiplatform games is a lie. I denoted all exclusives for the Wii were denoted with an asterisk. All games without the Asterisk can be found on other platforms.

If you want to check out the list I provided, feel free to check it out.
http://www.giantbomb.com/wii/60-36/...-was-a-bad-year-for-the-wii/35-240582/?page=2

Also, here is my list of games.
Bold means I like it
A red color means I am interested in playing it but don't own it
Blue means I played it and disliked it
Games that I don't highlight means I have no interest in it.

World of Goo
Super Smash Bros. Brawl*

Rock Band 2
Okami
Bomberman Blast*

Guitar Hero World Tour
Tetris Party*
MaBoShi: The Three Shape Arcade* (I bought it but haven't played it)
Boom Blox*
No More Heroes*
Megaman 9
Bully: Scholarship Edition

Pro Evolution Soccer 2008
Call of Duty: World at War
Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People Episode 1: Homestar Ruiner
Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People Episode 2: Strong Badia the Free
Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People Episode 3: Baddest of the Band
Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People Episode 4: Dangeresque 3: The Criminal Projective
Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People Episode 5: 8 bit is Enough
Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection
Mario Kart Wii*
Art Style: ORBIENT*
de Blob*
Lost Winds* (I bought it but haven't played it)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09
Fifa Soccer 09
Rock Band
Wii Fit*
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King*
Blast Works: Build, Trade, Destroy*
Toki Tori*
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2009
MLB Power Pros 2008
Shaun White Snowboarding: Road Trip
Wario Land: Shake it!*
Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures
Groovin' Blocks*
MySims Kingdom
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon*
Order Up!
We Love Golf!*
Lego Batman
Sam and Max: Season 1
Animal Crossing: City Folk*
Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party
Art Style: Cubello*
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 1
Monster Lab
Dokapon Kingdom*
Naruto: Clash of the Ninja Revolution 2
Endless Ocean*
Mushroom Men: Spore Wars*
Art Style: ROTHEX*
Dr. Mario Online Rx*
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Harvest Moon: Magical Meledoies
Death Jr. Root of Evil
MX vs ATV Untamed
Little League World Series 2008
Crash Bandicoot: Mind over Mutants
Magnetica Twist
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Skate It
Block Breaker Deluxe
Gyrostarr*
Kung Fu Panda
King of Fighters Collection: The Orochi Saga
Monopoly
Speed Racer
Nancy Drew: The White Wolf of Icicle Creek
Disaster: Day of Crisis*
Nerf N-Strike*
Active Life: Outdoor Challenge*
Mario Super Sluggers*
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World*

Samba de Amiga
Top Spin 3
Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party 2
Space Invaders Get Even*
Castle of Shikigami 3
We Ski*
Rubik's World
We Ski and Snowboard*
Sim City Creator
One Piece: Ultimate Adventure
Guinness World Records: The Video Game
Boogie Superstar*
Defend your Castle
House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return
Line Rider 2: Unbound
Midnight Pool*
Family Trainer*
Sonic Unleashed
Dragon Quest Swords: The Mask Queen and Tower of Mirrors*
Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility*
Opoona
TV Show King
Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli
Wild West Guns

Subject to your opinion dipshit.

The Wii has 8 of these so called "AAA titles". 3 which are exclusive.
The PS3 has 12 of these so called "AAA titles". 3 which are exclusive.
The Xbox360 has 20 of these so called "AAA Titles". 5 which are exclusive.
That isn't a large gap, now is it? Plus the Xbox360 has been around longer as well. It would be expected for it to have more exclusives.
Also to say all multi platform games are vastly superior on the PS3/Xbox360 is subject to opinion. You will never catch me playing a shooter with dual analogs. I would rather have my stripped down version and have the Wii controls over what the other two companies offer.

Some good games have been released on the Wii during this time year. Games such as Little King's Story, Guitar Hero: Metallica, New Play Control! Pikmin 2, Pro Evolution Soccer, Excitebots: Trick Racing, Madworld, Rune Factory Frontier, House of the Dead Overkill and plenty of other games.

If course I played my Wii with retro games as well. With backwards compatiability with Gamecube games and the addition to the Virtual Console.

All gaming platforms have incurred poor sales. Also, all consoles have large numbers of choices. The Wii has over 400 titles. The PS3 and Xbox360 have 600 titles, many which are shared between the two. That doesn't sound like variety of choice but simply choosing hardware with similar games.

I am quite happy with my Wii. I do have a PC and a DS in addition to some older consoles hooked up. I don't have any reason to go out and sell my Wii.

And yet you would participate in a conversation about it?

When it becomes a console war debate. People coming in to tell us it is wrong to own a Wii and the idea of having it hooked up or making use of it is criminal as a user. To be beneath those who have a Xbox 360 and PS3 owners.

This is something that goes unappreciated. People seem to neglect the value of others having opinions that differ from others.

Not when people start flame baits and bullcrap like that. Gets annoying after awhile.

Again captain Dipshit, don't assume everyone elses opinions conform to your own.

What makes you sure that they will be good? Neither are out yet and there has yet to been a verdict.

That's actually a good list u just did, but still very small for a whole year. Though if u dont like buying THAT many games like me, then it's enough. There's ALOT of games I would buy, but only a few that are really good. Since I dont like to spend too much, I don't actually buy many games per year (per console).

Monster Hunter 3 is going to be good because it's a sequel to an extremely highly rated game on the PS2 that had over 70 hours of gameplay. It's been in development for a long time and they're putting a large amount of work into it. It's also going to have online co-op, and they're just adding onto Monster Hunter 2. The chance of failure is quite small.

Simply because it is a sequel? I think that is silly. First off, it is made by Capcom. They have been known to crap all over their franchises.
The Megaman X series?
Megaman Battle Network Series?
Final Fight?
Resident Evil?
The list can go on.

Second off, just because the precursor was good doesn't mean it successor will be as good. Virtua Fighter 3 was considered the weakest in the Virtua Fighter series.

Also, games like Too Human were in development for 9 years. With plenty of money built in. Development time and money doesn't mean a game is going to be good.

As for FFCC, it looks promising, it's been in development since the Wii was announced and it has quite a vast world. Though, until I hear more about it it's hard to say. It better not have been in dev for so long just for a -40 hour adventure with little incentive to replay.

Eyes can be deceiving. Of course it looks good because it made by Square Enix. It always looks "promising" or good.

When I said 80+ hour games, I did mean single-player. Oblivion, fallout, several RPG titles (and btw, the wii doesn't even have a well-rated RPG yet.)

That seems to be a lack of experimentation. If I was asked to name games I think are pretty decent, I would easily mention Fire Emblem and Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World.

As for those gamers upset with multiplayer being the core component of games, that's the fault of the gamer, not the companies themselves. Gaming businesses realized that most people play the first level of a game's single-player campaign to get the hang of the controls and immediately launch the online and leave the single-player to collect dust.
People will argue that games such as Halo 3 are overrated because the story lacked so much depth. Games are being evaluated based on the package that is offered, not the parts alone.

Now ask how many players even got through the first two missions before they went online and never touched the single-player again. Companies noticed this trend and stopped putting as much effort into single-player, as they saw it as a waste. It's also just plain logic. Single-player can only last so long, multi-player can be infinitely replayable when it's done right.

According to Infantry Ward, 60% of players only get achievements that are made via online on the Xbox360. Clearly there are people that play the Single Player mode.

Also, the idea of single player not be replayable comes off a little silly. There are games where the Single player is worth replaying. There are games that designed the game so it can be replayed again. Ever hear of Game Plus Mode?

About the conduit.

It's an FPS, on the Wii, that takes advantage of its online capabilities, takes FULL advantage of its controls, and doesn't look like a dreamcast game *cough CoD5 cough.*(For GOD'S sakes take that with a grain of sand, it's an exaggeration.) The Wii should've had about 10,000 of these by now, and I see the Conduit as more of a gate-opener than the Wii's halo. Nonetheless, the chances of it sucking are low.

You can't put that input in. You haven't played the game to experience the game online or played with the controls. Parroting the same bullcrap hype like other people.

The chances of the conduit not being good is the same as it not being bad.

That's actually a good list u just did, but still very small for a whole year. Though if u dont like buying THAT many games like me, then it's enough. There's ALOT of games I would buy, but only a few that are really good. Since I dont like to spend too much, I don't actually buy many games per year (per console).

I like to games at a discounted price. Even though the games does have its appeal to me, not each one is worth the full $50. I also buy some older games for my system thanks to backwards compatibility. There are some Gamecube games I am still interested in picking up. Same goes for some of my older consoles.

I will probably get a PS3 or an Xbox360 eventually. Both have games I want but it is a tough decision.

Your argument is..almost confusing. You deny every single piece of hype to attached to a game, when anyone knows that sometimes games CAN look good and show a lot of promise, and those games have a tendency of being good or at the very least decent. There are anomalies like Too Human, but overall games with good funds and development time can make it far.

However, while you deny hype, you claim that the Wii has some 5,000,000 great titles worth buying and that games on the wii that don't even have 1/8th of the content of their heavy console counterparts are better merely because there's some waggle and a pointer.

This is quite possibly the first and last time I'll use a smiley, but it's the only thing that embodies what I'm trying to say here:
:eek:ut:

Last edited:
Rune Factory: Frontier is an RPG, is well rated (85 on IGN) and lasts well over 80 hours (maybe close to 200). It may not be a typical RPG due to the farming sim element (courtesy of Harvest Moon) but it is still a RPG, a very good one at that and it is on the Wii.

People often berate the Wii's game line up but a lot of the time it seems to be because they don't know what games are actually out there.

Rune Factory: Frontier is an RPG, is well rated (85 on IGN) and lasts well over 80 hours (maybe close to 200). It may not be a typical RPG due to the farming sim element (courtesy of Harvest Moon) but it is still a RPG, a very good one at that and it is on the Wii.

People often berate the Wii's game line up but a lot of the time it seems to be because they don't know what games are actually out there.

I'm sorry, I meant RPG in the conventional sense, something like Pokemon or Dragon Quest (the core games, not the spin-offs the Wii currently has). Yes, DQX is on its way, but it's on its way and not here already with nothing else to substitute it, unless you can tolerate poor quality games.

I've tried a lot of games on the Wii and it has fun games. One of my personal favorites (major first party titles aside) is probably Scarface. I'm not saying the Wii doesn't have any great games, I'm saying there aren't enough of them to satiate gamers.

I'm sorry, I meant RPG in the conventional sense, something like Pokemon or Dragon Quest (the core games, not the spin-offs the Wii currently has). Yes, DQX is on its way, but it's on its way and not here already with nothing else to substitute it, unless you can tolerate poor quality games.

I've tried a lot of games on the Wii and it has fun games. One of my personal favorites (major first party titles aside) is probably Scarface. I'm not saying the Wii doesn't have any great games, I'm saying there aren't enough of them to satiate gamers.

The RPG i'm most looking forward to is Arc Rise Fantasia. Rune Factory is a great game though and will keep my RPG needs fulfilled until then. Don't think I've ever played a Dragon Quest game before.

Scarface was good, the closest thing to GTA on Wii for sure. I think part of the problem with the Wii's game line up is that there are good games but they often get lost in the sea of shovelware and then don't get the sales that they deserve.

OK fair enough Godwind.

I still think your wasting your time here.

Anyone who cant understand why people like the Wii are not ganna be convinced no matter what you say. They have made up there minds, fan boys or not.

But if you enjoy this kinda thing then keep up the good fight.:thumbsup:

PS: About Madworld: Not every game has to be 60hrs long. Madworld is hella-fun. a Grade A beat-um-up. IGN, the same people that rate all the PS3/360 games so high, gave it what, a 90 something? I guess they didnt know what there doing when there reviewing Madworld?

Bah never mind, now im getting drawn into this crap.

I'm sorry, I meant RPG in the conventional sense, something like Pokemon or Dragon Quest (the core games, not the spin-offs the Wii currently has).

As for FFCC, it looks promising, it's been in development since the Wii was announced and it has quite a vast world.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles is a spin off.

However, while you deny hype, you claim that the Wii has some 5,000,000 great titles worth buying and that games on the wii that don't even have 1/8th of the content of their heavy console counterparts are better merely because there's some waggle and a pointer.

I never said the Wii had an insane GREAT titles that are MUST HAVES. I probably wouldn't even bother playing/buying most of the games I listed. Your never going to find me playing games such as Pro Evolution Soccer or WWE Smackdown vs RAW or Groov'n Blocks. However, there are people would actually enjoy these games, hence why I listed them.

Back