The Complete Guide To Wiimote Problems

Wii_Smurf said:
Just try re-setting the console and re-sincing in the Wiimotes. Thats seems to work

i'm a complete idiot, how do i re-set and re-sinc?

Last edited:
alex_chung said:
Got my Wii on Thursday night and have been trying to get the thing to work since then. I am stuck on the language screen and cannot get any further, I can switch on and off the Wii using the remote but that is about it. I have checked all the above and all the things that the manual suggested but to no avail!
Help!
Alex

The problem with my Wii Remote was that the infra red bit didn't work properly so I am getting that replaced under warranty by Nintendo. Currently waiting for their paperwork to come through.
Alex

wiikobe24 said:
my wiimote is screwed up. i followed your guide. when i point up the cursor goes down.when i point left it goes right etc.you get the point? can i send the remote into nintendo or what should i do? got any ideas? if so, help...
It sounds like your sensor bar is upside-down.
try flipping it over

mithril said:
Reset:hold sync button on wii down for 15 seconds
Re-sync:press sync button on wii then press sync button on wiimote

Last edited:
mithril said:

There are two sync buttons. One on the Wii itself, its in the panel under the CD tray and the other sync button is on the WiiRemote (remove the battery cover and you will see a small red button)
To re-sync you switch on the Wii and wait for the Health and Saftey screen to come on, then press the botton on the Wii. Wait a couple of seconds and then press the one on the WiiRemote.
Alex

I am having trouble using the Wiimote with Wii Golf. I can move the cursor, select menu items etc. just fine. But when I try to swing the club -- I get nothing. Any idea what may be wrong?

Thanks!

As a total wii virgin, this post just saved me!
The official wii site doesnt guide you through the manual synhc process properly but this has done the trick. Many Thanks!

Hey all, I'm having a problem with one of my wiimotes. When we put batteries in it, the stupid thing starts vibrating and won't stop until we take the batteries back out. We've tried different batteries and had the same effect. Is this a common problem or is there some way to fix it?

I'd really add the Christmas light phenomenea *LOL* I know I can't be the only person it's happened to......having the wii/wiimote too close to bright christmas lights and having erratic wiimote problems, dissappearing cursors, etc......some people just may not have that idea come to then when they're having issues and resyncing isn't doing anything for them.....

Just signed up so apologies if this message is in the wrong thread. I've just got a japanese wii remote and nunchuck for my UK Wii. I've synched them and they work fine, until you actually start a game. E.g. on wii sports it recognises the remote and lets you move around the screen, select players etc.. however, as soon as you start playing the game it won't recognise the remote, yet it does recognise the nunchuck.
The remote obviously works as it is recognised on areas like the main Wii menu, it just won't work on games.
Any ideas on what the problem could be?

hello all..

me and my girlfriend are both wii uses, she had hers since release and ive had mine for about 4 months. she recently moved it to a different tv at which point evebrything was working fine. but now when she turns the wii on it turns on fine the health warning come up and her wiimote flashes 4 lights, but no cursor shows up and whenever she trys to press a button the 4 blue lights flash. she brought her remote around and it was working fine as a second player wiimote. so i took my sensor bar over to her house and that didnt work either. shes tried re syncing it but it still does the same. the batteries are new and shes unplugged all the cords at the back ect.

does anyone know the soloution? a response asap would be much appreciated!

cheers and merry christmas.

Back