The Complete Guide To Wiimote Problems

Okie I think this might help.
When I bought my wii fit,
I had no problem with the balancing board until I start trying the game,
The game doesn't seem to start.

I brought my balancing board back to the store and ask for an exchange and somehow it works.

So I bring the board home.
and I tried it again without connecting my nunchuck to the wii remote.
My board works.

I figure out that some game may not start because the nunchunk is connected to the wii.

I hope this help.

Hi, we have just bought a second remote controller for our Wii, and for a while it worked fine, but after a rather bad collision with the back of a chair!! It has stopped picking up the motion, all other functions work fine......... curser, buttons, sound etc, will sync fine, tried all tips. Is this remote just faulty? Any help would be gratefully received - thanks.

Hi, i have followed your guide (several times!) but am still having problems with 1 controller. I am able to sync both controllers, but the 1 i am having problems with 'switches' itself off after about 10 seconds. It lasts just long enough to start Wii Sports but then all the blue lights switch off. I have tried new batteries several times, but i don't think this is the problem as the batteries work fine in the controller that's ok. I'm thinking the controller could be faulty although its does work for a very short time.

The only other thing t can think of is that the problem controller was bought in the US whereas the console is a UK version. Could this be a problem??

Tried everything you suggested and still can't get more than 1 remote to work at once. I can sync both remotes up until I get to the point where you press A and B to continue while playing Wii Sports. Both even rumble up to that point. But can only use one remote to continue. Thanx for your help.

Thats because the second wii mote wont work until you play a multilayer game.

Wiimote problem

diesel_dad said:
I am having trouble using the Wiimote with Wii Golf. I can move the cursor, select menu items etc. just fine. But when I try to swing the club -- I get nothing. Any idea what may be wrong?

Thanks!

I have exactly the same experience as the previous person. Is there a fix to the problem or is just faulty hardware?
Tried re-syncing the Wiimote, powering on and off and no change.
It is not the console or the sensor bar as my other Wiimote works fine.
Could you assist

Thanks

Hi All,

As i'm reading some of the post in this thread, it seems as if there this problem which i have that a lot of people's been having. I've had my wii since middle December. No problem with it until now, actually the wiimote for player one. the buttons work fine, even when i turn it on to navigate in and into the wii menu, that is not a problem. The problem is that once i'm in the game (in this case, the wii sports, and the mario/sonic in the olympic game).

As i am in my sport, i cannot swing the bat/golf_club/tennis_racket/rowing/etc, anything to do with swinging the remote, but that is in the game only. That is only in wii-mote 1, whereas in wiimote 2, everything is fine.

I've tried "sync"-ing the darn thing multiple time, tried making sure that there in no light in between the wii-mote & the infra-red reader, and trying to figure out what the matter. but the thing is, it was/has been working for about month now, why is it not working now? it hasn't been thrown across the room as we are pretty good telling our kids that as well. I have tried regular alkaline batteries and i have tried these type:
http://images.andale.com/f2/118/123/24677329/2007/9/14/bluelight_charger_kit_plus_battery_2.jpg

I have also powered off, then tried to resync it, the only thing i haven't done (i think) is to talk to a nintendo rep, and i will do that either tomoorw or this weekend. BTW, Here is a NON-ANSWER to this problem:
http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-hardware/16575-wii-controller-problem.html

Hope this is solved soon, because there seems to be A LOT of people here wit the same issue. Sorry to ramle on, but i figure i should be specific in this matter.

Here are some of the users here that seems to be having this issue:
chowie said:
Hi, my wiimote is upside down, the hand on the screen is upside down. Move up it goes down etc... This happened the 1st time i used my wii, but sorted it's self out. Any ideas please....
Spideyvan said:
AlijUSC said:
so I have tried all of your solutions. My wiimote works in the main wii menu, in all the game menus, but as soon as I start playing the game, the only thing that works are the buttons. The sensor stops working. BUT, if I hit the home button to resynch the remote, the sensor works. Help?
This has happened to me too, the wiimote works fine in the main menu, when i play wii sports it works well in the menus, but in-game the motion sensor doesn't work and all the buttons work fine, did the same as AlijUSC, hitting the home button and resynch the wiimote but it still doesn't work ingame. I just hope my wiimote isn't damaged or something.
vybez said:
My Wii is no longer responding to simulations when playing Wii Sports.
What could have gone wrong?
Apocalypse said:
I'm also having this exact same problem. Buttons work fine, I can navigate around, ect. But when I go into games like Wii Sports or Excite Truck, it won't read any motions.

I read somewhere that this could be caused by an accelerorator (sp) in the wiimote thats not functioning properly, but that doesn't help the problem any!

What has anyone else done to get rid of this problem? Certainly there must be some solution, I just hope it's not "Buy a new wiimote/Wii."

Help would be appreciated...
mithril said:
i was playing wii sports last night and when playing tennis the right remote was not moving. tring to find a way to fix it. any help would be accepted : )
diesel_dad said:
I am having trouble using the Wiimote with Wii Golf. I can move the cursor, select menu items etc. just fine. But when I try to swing the club -- I get nothing. Any idea what may be wrong?

Thanks!
Kwas Tand said:
I have exactly the same experience as the previous person. Is there a fix to the problem or is just faulty hardware?
Tried re-syncing the Wiimote, powering on and off and no change.
It is not the console or the sensor bar as my other Wiimote works fine.
Could you assist

Thanks
Later,
- niko

It's the accelerometor (sp?) in the wiimote. Sadly there are no fixes for it. Thats right....The solution is to purchase a brand new wiimote. Sucks....royally! :mad5:

I too have this problem where motion does not work for one of our remotes. We tried everything in this post. turned everything off, unplugged everything, waited 1 hour, changed batteries, resynched the remotes, changed sensitivity. One remote works fine for motion in wii sports games, the other does not. Both remotes buttons and I can use the pointer on the screen, just no motion in games like tennis. I am baffled.

i bought the remote charging dock, and i had it docked for acouple days without using it, and now the controller wont work and the battery pack is really hot... do u know anything about the charging docks?

OK good post bro.
what could the issue be if the remote is working as far as the buttons
and the curser goes,.
Then when I get into the game of bowling the sensor is not working to allow me to control my Wii arm.
I press and release the B button the ball always will shot backwards.

Last edited:
Hey since you seem to be the expert here I am having a problem with my wiimotes, or entire system. Sometimes during game play (and its getting more frequent) the cursor will jump across the screen, then back again, making game play a bit more difficult then it really should be. At first I thought it was just that wiimote but apparently its all of them. I tried to resync but that really didn't solve anything. Any ideas?

And to Freankwhite... i believe in bowling you use the "B" button, not the "A".

Last edited:
2nd player.

2nd player.

i have 2 wiimotes. me and my friend were trying to play tennis, and her wiimote kept turning off and she was second player. i did all i could, i switched the batteries, switched her remote to first player, i did all i could. now heres the weird thing. i used that same remote to play a 1 player game and it worked fine. it never turned off on me. does anyone know how to stop this problem?

Doyou connect a 2nd wiimote to a game the same way (by pressing 1 and 2 simultaneously for a few seconds) until it registers? We bought Mario Party 8 and am trying to connect the 2nd wiimote and it isn't registering.

Curleedst said:
Doyou connect a 2nd wiimote to a game the same way (by pressing 1 and 2 simultaneously for a few seconds) until it registers? We bought Mario Party 8 and am trying to connect the 2nd wiimote and it isn't registering.

usually i dont but thats what i tried too and it still doesnt work for me.

Back