The difference between Nintendo Wii & Wii u

Waqas45

WiiChat Member
Sep 4, 2012
Bay Shore NY
Wii Online Code
4807-3165-4204-1923
Since they are going to release the new Nintendo Wii u, I would like to know the features of the Wii u, and how can they be compare.

And is the Nintendo Wii u going to be really worth getting?

The main reason for getting a WiiU is to have the benefit of being able to play the future Mario, Zelda, Smash Bros and other first party titles, with the occasional third party exclusive. I personally don't care for most of the other features.

Best bet is have a look round the WiiU section.

IMHO - no its not worth getting yet

Anything with the Nintendo Trademark is worth getting! And yeah, all the future Mario Games such as Mario Kart, Zelda! Metroid! SSB! C'mon bro, what other reason u want? when talking about these games graphics are set apart... However, the more advanced the system is, the more possibilities there are for a game!

In the simplest of terms, the Wii U is entirely superior to the Wii. Though the name of Nintendo's newest console might suggest it's just an upgrade, this statement had no validity at all. The Wii U is an entirely new console with new hardware, new functionality (obviously), etc.

As one should expect, Nintendo is only going to be developing high-profile games on the Wii U from now on. Judging from your signature and avatar, I'd imagine you're just a tad bit of a Mario fan, no? :lol: You won't be gettin' the newest Mario installments without a Wii U. In other words, the exclusive games. If you want the best and newest games Nintendo will be releasing, that should be a bit of motivation to invest in a Wii U.

In terms of pricing, I definitely believe that $300 is worth it. A Wii U's capabilities in terms of graphics and the like are comparable to the PS3 and 360, only superior of course. Both consoles were released half a decade ago still cost around $300 new. The Wii U is the newest release, has more horsepower so to speak, and costs the same, if not less than these other systems. At the very least, the fact that on-release it's the same cost as competing consoles released years ago shows that the price is most definitely good.

A fact I was happy to learn upon the Wii U's price reveal is that the Wii U only costs $50 more than the Wii's original price of $250. The console's technology is leaps and bounds better than the ol' Wii's, so the fact the price barely went up certainly had me happy. If you're not ready to invest in the Wii U, the price will drop to even less eventually to the point it's a steal.

The Wii U's internet-related capabilities will be incredibly superior to the Wii's. It'l all be more user friendly, quicker, better polished, all that jazz. Online multiplayer games were known to have some issues on the Wii, but the Wii U promises to fix these up and then some. While this has yet to be seen in action since the console is unreleased, news so far points to the claims to be true.

Lastly, the Wii U will be fully compatible with any and all old Wii accessories, games, etc. You can sell off your Wii and invest that money towards a Wii U without fear of havin' a library of unplayable games and useless accessories. In fact, some new games'll use both the Wii U's new controller and the Wii Remote. Thanks to this feature, you won't need to buy an extra Wii U controller(s) for local multiplayer. Nintendo doesn't actually sell individual Wii U controller for this very (cost efficient) reason.

Though the console itself isn't groundbreaking-epic in terms of the best graphics in the world or new technology, it's better than the Wii in every way. If you were happy with the Wii, it's nigh-guaranteed you'll be doubly so with a Wii U. The price fits the technology you get (in my opinion), and more importantly, Nintendo has always been known to reliably sell games of the highest caliber. Even if the console was a tad overpriced or a bit underwhelming, I'd still buy it knowing some of my favorite games will be 100% exclusive to said console.

Last edited:
In the simplest of terms, the Wii U is entirely superior to the Wii. Though the name of Nintendo's newest console might suggest it's just an upgrade, this statement had no validity at all. The Wii U is an entirely new console with new hardware, new functionality (obviously), etc.

As one should expect, Nintendo is only going to be developing high-profile games on the Wii U from now on. Judging from your signature and avatar, I'd imagine you're just a tad bit of a Mario fan, no? :lol: You won't be gettin' the newest Mario installments without a Wii U. In other words, the exclusive games. If you want the best and newest games Nintendo will be releasing, that should be a bit of motivation to invest in a Wii U.

In terms of pricing, I definitely believe that $300 is worth it. A Wii U's capabilities in terms of graphics and the like are comparable to the PS3 and 360, only superior of course. Both consoles were released half a decade ago still cost around $300 new. The Wii U is the newest release, has more horsepower so to speak, and costs the same, if not less than these other systems. At the very least, the fact that on-release it's the same cost as competing consoles released years ago shows that the price is most definitely good.

A fact I was happy to learn upon the Wii U's price reveal is that the Wii U only costs $50 more than the Wii's original price of $250. The console's technology is leaps and bounds better than the ol' Wii's, so the fact the price barely went up certainly had me happy. If you're not ready to invest in the Wii U, the price will drop to even less eventually to the point it's a steal.

The Wii U's internet-related capabilities will be incredibly superior to the Wii's. It'l all be more user friendly, quicker, better polished, all that jazz. Online multiplayer games were known to have some issues on the Wii, but the Wii U promises to fix these up and then some. While this has yet to be seen in action since the console is unreleased, news so far points to the claims to be true.

Lastly, the Wii U will be fully compatible with any and all old Wii accessories, games, etc. You can sell off your Wii and invest that money towards a Wii U without fear of havin' a library of unplayable games and useless accessories. In fact, some new games'll use both the Wii U's new controller and the Wii Remote. Thanks to this feature, you won't need to buy an extra Wii U controller(s) for local multiplayer. Nintendo doesn't actually sell individual Wii U controller for this very (cost efficient) reason.

Though the console itself isn't groundbreaking-epic in terms of the best graphics in the world or new technology, it's better than the Wii in every way. If you were happy with the Wii, it's nigh-guaranteed you'll be doubly so with a Wii U. The price fits the technology you get (in my opinion), and more importantly, Nintendo has always been known to reliably sell games of the highest caliber. Even if the console was a tad overpriced or a bit underwhelming, I'd still buy it knowing some of my favorite games will be 100% exclusive to said console.

Yea I am fan of the Mario games, but the Wii u looks the same as the Nintendo Wii, just different games. And the price is too high right now, I might think about it, when they drop the price down, and I get more info on the features it has.

Mah Boi, when price drops it's bad news... Yes, some anxious Nintendo fans Spend money without second thought, take me as an example, I pre-ordered the Wii U already just for the fact that Nintendo, as stated before, Promises And Guarantees Epic Games. However, going back to my previous statement, when prices drop that means that obviously many "smart" consumer hold their anxiety thus this cause for the expected Item to be sold in massive quantities, to be seen as "poorly sold" causing potentially and promisingly Epic games or projects of such to be shut down for lack of investors caused by a not-so popular console thus why prices need to be drop! Which in my opinion and nothing further, I think those claiming to be Loyal fans of ANY console should show the greatest support possible the sooner the better, want better games on a console? Show support my buddy!

the Wii u looks the same as the Nintendo Wii, just different games.

Similar looks, yet little in common outside of backwards compatibility. The Wii U is entirely different on the inside from the Wii. Looks can be deceiving good sir.

Besides, what reason does one buy a console other than the games? :lol: Anythin' else appealing about a system is nothing more than an unnecessary but nice to have bonus to the games, in my opinion.

Back