The GNU/Linux Thread

i'm running gnome... i ran a bad command and a good command but they show up with the same name in my "open with" list... i want to edit this list so i don't choose the bad command by mistake

how do i edit the friggin "open with" list... i couldn't find the answer in ubuntu forums

idjut said:
i'm running gnome... i ran a bad command and a good command but they show up with the same name in my "open with" list... i want to edit this list so i don't choose the bad command by mistake

how do i edit the friggin "open with" list... i couldn't find the answer in ubuntu forums

Right-click on a file
Properties
Open With

no no... i have two commands in the "open with" list with the same name, but one is a bad command

i don't want to edit the mime type for one type of file... i want to clear the cache of the "open with" list
make sense?

umm stupid question but when i try to add a program i get this message in the description box.

"(the application name) cannot be installed on your computer type (i386). Either the application requires special hardware features or the vendor decided to not support your computer type.

Back