The ladies are getting their game on

castlezelda

WiiChat Member
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
According to wii.qj.net. girls are a gamers also.

girlgamer.png

ladygame.png

Here's a little something for the ladies. No, it has nothing to with New Moon or any of that crap. It seems that the steady rise of girl power in gaming is still on its way up. US market research firm, Nielsen, whips out the stats and surveys, and the ladies are showing that gaming is not just a guy thing.

According to the surveys, 52% of PSP users are female - yes, the gals outnumber the dudes on this one - while the slice is at 49% for the Wii. In addition, the survey also shows that the ladies make up 45% of all gamers who spend at least an hour a week playing.

If you can't believe the figuress, you can check out the PDF for yourself.
heres the link http://www.edge-online.com/news/nielsen-52-per-cent-of-psp-owners-female

My ex gf was into street fighter which kinda suprised me, but i never played with her, and another gal friend of mind played Mario Party and Smash Brothers for game cube and my other gal friend has a ps2 with Kingdom Hearts, I played hers, i say kingdom hearts is pretty sweet of a game, shame ain't for wii though.

Last edited:
so what if girls are getting into gaming more? i don't care or mind. seriously, it was my own mom that introduced me to games. its not that hard to picture a lot of girls playing games

where the heck are these people getting their statistics? Or how??

Maybe by gaming they mean ALL gaming, for example online poker/pool?

Casual/pc gaming sure, but console?? NO.
Please don't ask how I know either, too lazy to put a lot of literature into this.

Yup, the gamer girl population is slowly expanding...much too slowly in my opinion =[

No offense, but this is SO OLD.

Also highly innacurate. Girls stick out like a sore thumb at dedicated gaming stores. I do agree that Nintendo has expanded the girl gamer market though. I see TONS of girls with DS's. I think the PSP stat is inaccurate. 10 of 10 PSP users I spot are *DRUMROLL!!!*..... MALE!!!! :)eek1:)

No offense, but this is SO OLD.

Also highly innacurate. Girls stick out like a sore thumb at dedicated gaming stores. I do agree that Nintendo has expanded the girl gamer market though. I see TONS of girls with DS's. I think the PSP stat is inaccurate. 10 of 10 PSP users I spot are *DRUMROLL!!!*..... MALE!!!! :)eek1:)

Just because that's all you've seen does not mean that's a correct statistic. Hell, I got into the PSP because of my ex girlfriend and one of my best female friends also has one. That's two girls just right off the top of my head. And I think I just remembered a third. And I'm one guy. So...yeah...

I'm a girl and i love to play video games. i own a bunch of game systems; wii, ps1, ps2, n64, NDS, sega genesis, sega dreamcast, atari 2600. my favorite games are the guitar hero and rockband games. i play expert and i'm better than my brother. i also like any mario game(especially super mario RPG) and diddy kong racing. i also know a lot of girls who play video games. my friend brittney is obsessed with pokemon. It's really not that difficult to believe that those statistics are true.

I don't think this is that new, and it makes no difference whether your male or female.

Back