The Madden '08 online-gameplay is more than defective thread... just take a look

I've yet to have any online issues, which is pretty weird considering all the people here who have.

I'm glad EA is going to release a patch. I said from the beginning that people were overreacting a little. This is EA's first online venture with the Wii so it's not too surprising that it has had problems, although it is a little disappointing. Good job by EA to address the problems.

Could be a problem due to the "limited capacity of the Wii's flash drive."

Doesn't sound very good. Anybody know anything about this?

"However, due to the limited capacity of the Wii's flash drive, this may prove to be more difficult than the other next generation consoles."

To update with patch could be harder than expected is whatr the article means.

I was wondering more along the lines of what the capacity of the Wii flash drive is and what it may have on the future and possibilities of the Wii's online capability, seeing as it's pretty poor so far and all. Does the flash drive have nothing to do with this?

Edit: (Thanks Wikipedia) Okay, so a flash drive is a much cheaper and smaller version of a hard drive. Obviously this plays a role in download times and as a result must have an impact on online lag. Hopefully this isn't as bad as it sounds.

Last edited:
Wasn't it only 512?

This goes back to wanting Nintendo to do one of 3 things:
- Make a hard drive attachment
- Update the Wii so usb hard drives can be used
- Update the Wii so that you can save game info directly to SD cards

it doesn't have an impact with online lag... but it limits the filesize of the developers patches... meaning you may only be able to have 1 or 2 patches for games that have updates released on your wii at one time...

The flash card expasions (SD cards) would enable extra space and backups for this, however it may interfer with load times and whether the community would spill out cash for the larger cards. (i bought a 1 gig one for mine at $5 on sale) But if many games start releasing patches we may need up to 10 gigs or more depending on your game collection and the filesizes of the patches addressed by the games' developers. meaning you'd have to get a larger one and manually transpher the patches or redownload them, or have multiple sd cards and have you make sure you have a certain sd card in the game when you played it.

A hard disk expansion would be very possible with the wii because of its usb support... however IDK if the big N would be willing to allow 3rd party external drives to run on their machines. Time will tell, problems and solutions arrive with every new turn and the wii is still an incredible piece of hardware even with all these limitations.

081807_0002a.jpg

Back