The name explains the question

Wiignorant

WiiChat Member
Jan 15, 2008
I am wondering if there are any games for the Wii that resemble or do anything like what World of Warcraft do? I like role playing games with the swordplay and scorcery. I was just hoping someone could point me in a direction to start.

I appreciate it. I grew tired of constantly having to upgrade my PC to play games, not to mention, all of the cheating that goes on.

Thanks for the help.

well some final fantsasy games are coming so that is kinda like wow... (Wii-ware, u need to be hooked up online...) :D

Final Fantasy is like WoW? Lol, No disrespect to you or FF, but its NOTHING like WoW.

In all seriousness, Wii isnt the console if you are looking for those type of games. Atleast not yet... The RPG style games right now are more on Xbox 360. PS3 has a some, but less than Xbox. Wii has Zelda, but thats an adventure game, it lags true Role Playing like WoW.

Xbox 360 has a few, the current biggest one is Oblivion which is also on PS3, you can buy the original Xbox game Fable which IMO is a great RPG game. Fable 2 is coming soon for 360. Also Too Human which is a cross between Devil May Cry and Diablo.

Thanks for the replies. is there anything upcoming for the Wii that is more aimed at role playing?

I just bought the Wii and an Xbox is not in the budget. We are a one console family.

i say get zelda. metroid prime or mario galaxy. there r rpg games but hard 2 find sometimes becauz wii is a family system. but there r games (like that i have said above) that r kindof n rpg game. also u might wanna get super smash bros brawl. even if its not an rpg game, it comes out feb.10. have fun wit ur wii. for more info on wat i said click on the green mushroom by where it says online then click ok.

I kno wow is very different from ff but ff is an rpg... They are both rpgs

FF is known as the RPG genre, but IMO its not. Maybe to japanese players it is. But IMO FF is an adventure game not RPG. Adventure because its 1 way it can really start/end. RPG's tend to have difference classes that you choose, difference race, gender, etc. Also true RPGs have variety in equipment, for example, leather, chainmail, plate, swords, bows, axes, hammers, etc. etc. Then some RPGs go more in depth with rare items, magical and unique items. Basically an RPG can be replayed over and over with a different overall experience. For example, I just played Fable through as a Evil fighting character that has dark armor and horns with red eyes etc. Im about to play it again as a magic user who is good with all bright armor so everyone can admire me and crap :p

Wiignorant said:
Thanks for the replies. is there anything upcoming for the Wii that is more aimed at role playing?

I just bought the Wii and an Xbox is not in the budget. We are a one console family.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (the most epic and longest adventure game for the Wii) It is like an RPG game in someways. Very good

i think zelda is your best bet, its got sourcory and swordplay... lots of swordplay actualy, and what i mean by sourcory is like all the potions u can drink to give ur self health, lolz.

Thanks everyone, Zelda it will be. Man I played the original one for months and months.

twilight princess is a must buy for ANY wii owner.

Zelda TP is a must have game, although it's probably more of an adventure than rpg.

There are a few rpgs on the way such as Baroque from Atlus and the Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles games from Square. Also it was recently announced that Gas Powered Games are working on a Wii title and the best fit from their existing Pc games would be the Dungeon Siege series, nothing confirmed yet though.

For a Pc mmorpg i would recommend Guild Wars, it doesn't need a really high spec Pc to play and there's no subscription fees.

Final Fantasy I-VI were truly rpg's. They included special items, different classes ((V anyone???)), and in some instances even different races.

VII was great too, but started to fall into the action genre. And VIII and beyond have all been action ((although I would call it trash, imo))

Chrono Trigger was another excellent one which contained many endings which was insane concerning replay value. Even when they re-released it for the ps2, they added ANOTHER ending.

The xbox/360 has some great rpg's, but I wouldn't waste money on the console if you have a decent pc.

But for the wii.....rpg's haven't really made their mark, yet. I'm sure something good will come out, but nothing like WoW. Right now I'm playing Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. I wouldn't recommend it though.... :frown2:

Honestly?

There's nothing out now on the Wii that's close to WoW, and I don't see anything coming out on the Wii that resembles WoW. There will be some RPG's out, but WoW is a massive game with a AAA development studio behind it. It's going to be really hard to produce something of that quality, especially without a monthly fee attached. The only game I can suggest that is RPGish and Blizzard-like would be Alien Syndrome. It's basically like Diablo (top down, 3rd person - but it's full 3D so you can rotate the camera), but with guns. I'd watch some videos or rent it first, because it's one of those games you either hate or love. My buddies and I played it for a couple months straight everyday, doing the random loot gathering thing that Diablo is/was famous for.

P.S. I actually resubbed to WoW a couple days ago, because of the lack of RPGs (with depth) on the Wii.

Back