The Next Smash Bros. Game

Henry8

WiiChat Member
May 28, 2009
Assuming they make one, what do you think they will call the next Smash Bros? Personally, I think they'll call it "Battle Royale" or "Royale." What are your thoughts.

P.S. I know they said they probably wouldn't make another but we can discuss the possibilities.

Melee was a stupid word. No one knows how to pronounce it.

↑so true. some said Me-lee others said May-lay, then there was the May-lee and Me-lay crowds. it just got a little confusing but if you watched the opening all the way through it said Super Smash Bros. Me-lee! so thats the 'official' title

↑so true. some said Me-lee others said May-lay, then there was the May-lee and Me-lay crowds. it just got a little confusing but if you watched the opening all the way through it said Super Smash Bros. Me-lee! so thats the 'official' title

It is pronounced mê·lée. If french confuses you, May Lay.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/melee

To disagree with Webster (unless your british), makes you an idiot.

If you are going with Melee's interpretation, remember three things.
1) The sound quality for the game wasn't that great.
2) The voice acting sucked.
3) The Gamecube had shitty sound chip.

You could argue all you want but there is a reason why the Gamecube never got a Guilty Gear game. In fact, Nintendo didn't get a Guilty Gear game until the Wii.

Last edited:
It is pronounced mê·lée. If french confuses you, May Lay.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/melee

To disagree with Webster (unless your british), makes you an idiot.

If you are going with Melee's interpretation, remember two things.
1) The sound quality for the game wasn't that great.
2) The voice acting sucked.
3) The Gamecube had shitty sound chip.

You could argue all you want but there is a reason why the Gamecube never got a Guilty Gear game. In fact, Nintendo didn't get a Guilty Gear game until the Wii.

i count 3.

and the sound quality was ok, could have been better but was still good. thats just how it was pronounced in game, so thats what people came to say. still wrong though

Back