The Wii influences?

Neal13

WiiChat Member
Oct 26, 2007
Hello guys, I was wondering if you could help me out. I am currently doing a study into the wonderful Wii and in particular, the old media influences that helped to create it and bring it to the high standard that it is. I was wondering if anybody had any ideas? For example, did the old Nintendo pressure pad, or the dance dace revolution game in malls have any influence on the level of interactivity? Any help would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks,
Neal

powerglove, light gun?

Nintendo has always excelled at creating different types of controllers so the wii-mote isn't something that is surprising to me.

Examples of this include the Power Glove and the Light Gun for duck hunt.

It's like they combined the two.

Shayne

Neal13 said:
Hello guys, I was wondering if you could help me out. I am currently doing a study into the wonderful Wii and in particular, the old media influences that helped to create it and bring it to the high standard that it is. I was wondering if anybody had any ideas? For example, did the old Nintendo pressure pad, or the dance dace revolution game in malls have any influence on the level of interactivity? Any help would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks,
Neal

skasai said:
Nintendo has always excelled at creating different types of controllers so the wii-mote isn't something that is surprising to me.

Examples of this include the Power Glove and the Light Gun for duck hunt.

Nintendo didn't make the Power Glove, it was a third-party controller.

I don't think the media had any real influence. all the media cares about is 1080p and crisp as hell graphics.

i would say from arcade games (using a gun to shoot rather than a controller, using a platform for a skateboard/snowboard/ using a plastic sword to swing rather than a controller)

Back