There is Power but TV displays nothing

cloud47

WiiChat Member
Mar 2, 2008
Ok, here is the problem. I dont unplug my wii often but I turn it off (of course). The problem is that whenever I turn it on, I can see that its working because the power is green and I can change disks. But nothing is outputed on the screen. Tried changing the AV cables but nothing happens. The screen is plain black. The console cant even detect the remote which proves that its not a problem with the AV. Help...

• there is a weird, but rare condition that a couple members have discovered
    • unplug your wii for 5 hours / overnight (i hope this helps you)
    • click here for details
  • if you are really desperate pull the battery out also
    • it will reset your clock and calendar to 2999 (and maybe reset other configs)
    • be sure to reset your wii confg if this fixes it :yesnod:
    • i included a pic to find the Wii Console Button Battery
    • you will need a small screwdriver to remove the battery
good luck, i hope this is helpful !
it may be a little more complicated if you are using component video cables...
idok said:
Yes i did have this what you have to do is leave it about 5 hours or so because this might be because the fan is to hot or maybe you dropped.
rftravers said:
left it unplugged last night and just tried it again this morning and now it works....go figure???!!?!!?
step5.jpg

Last edited:
Unplugged it for overnight but still not working

I have unplugged my wii overnight. Nothing happened, it still displays a blank screen.

!!!!!!

My son has now, after much persuasion, admitted that he dropped it. Im no genius, but im guessing that it is broken. I would like to do the re insert the battery thingy, but the picture mentioned is reply did not appear. Can you explain where it is. Thanks

very weird... it was blank for me too.. but after i refreshed this screen it's back! :lol:

I left it unplugged for more than 5 hours..

Anyways, where is the battery located?

Back