There seems to be a lot of problems....

*Chris*

Sep 6, 2006
Well, I have been going through this here forum and...

There seems to be a lot of problems with the Wii and faulty hardware. This doesnt sound good, especcialy when the UK launch date is in like...*thinks*...9 days.

Im getting one, but it is a Christmas present...hmm, Im sure all these problems must be an excuse to open the present up and "test" to see if it is working properly ;)

No seriously now, these problems...can they be fixed? Do you think the UK launch units will suffer with the same problem?

if they do. trust me nintendo is amazing. the customer service is great. they will send you a new one over night. free of charge.

and just imagine there like 700,000 units out now.

theres what like...50 people having problems. mine works fine.

the only thing was my internet shut off during an update hahaha.

well it might now be over night cause your in UK but they will still take care of you.

its not as bad as the 360.

and two of my friends ps3 have problems staying on. soooo

nintendo takes care of you and they know what they are doing.

hell i still play my damn super nes. ahha works great.

^Im glad to hear your Wii doesnt have any problems...I can have hope now!

If I do have a problem, I will take it back to the shop, and they should get hold of Nintendo right? (I had to take my PSP back and they rang Sony or whatever)

But yea...hopefully when I get my wii in just over a week, it will be right as rain...*crosses fingers*

Thanks!

im worried about the internet error codes personally. I to am getting a wii for xmas however apparantly it wont be until Jan untill the ethernet cables come out allowing me to go online. if i get an error code then meaning my wii is faulty it will be a month or two after i recieved it.

If you're basing this assumption of "a lot of problems" on what you've read on these forums, then you should stop worrying now. The reason you see so many threads about Wii's not working here, is basically because this is the most popular Wii forum right now. The first thing someone does when they have a problem, is come to us, and start a new thread about it. The actual number of problematic consoles, when compared to the number of perfect ones, is miniscule.

I've only had one issue, after trying to load a cd-r it gave me an error and told me to shut the system down immediately. After I rebooted it was laggy (probably sending the error message to Nintendo, which is understandable).

Other than that, no issues. I think that was more or less my fault, and Nintendo trying to prevent copied games or third party software from running on the system. The strange thing is, even keyboards don't work... I was kind of disappointed when I plugged one in to try and type a message, meh, maybe it'll be supported when the browser is released.

Problems? Really? I've only heard of a handfull of problems with the Wii and I bet over half of them were user error. Seems like a pretty problem free console if you ask me, considering the problems the 360 had when it launched.

From what I gather the only fatal problem has accured when timeouts happen durring a specific update (The 2nd one iirc). It messes up the way the Wii connects therefor it can not connect for repair. I believe the "dead" systems still boot and paly games. If you make sure your internet doesnt have any problems durring the updates, no issues should arise. Then again I've yet to figure out if the timeout was on the end user side or on the nintendo server side.

For those worried about the time passing before you get the adaptor, Im sure your friend with wireless access would be more then happy to let you come over and update if you let him play for a while also ;)

-Bobby

when the xbox 360 came out there were mainly minor problems, when the wii came out there were problems too... see the pattern?

if you but a newly built 360 you are almost garuanteed that there will be no problems

most of the wii problems are wifi related problems. it seems it is kinda picky about wireless signal

bahhahahha ^ LIES. my friend just bought one thats still over heating. so he went and spent the 400 on a wii system.

most of this errors or ID-10-T. id10t. look closely :)

and i admit i had one. haha

most xbox 360 problems were HARDWARE problems.

wii's problems are the internet stuff which you cant always help with wifi.

Flip said:
If you're basing this assumption of "a lot of problems" on what you've read on these forums, then you should stop worrying now. The reason you see so many threads about Wii's not working here, is basically because this is the most popular Wii forum right now. The first thing someone does when they have a problem, is come to us, and start a new thread about it. The actual number of problematic consoles, when compared to the number of perfect ones, is miniscule.

Exactly. Everytime a new gaming console is released, there are loads of defective systems. If there wasn't, it would be a miracle, considering how they are mass produced in such large quantities. It's just now you have a forum to see people with problems collectively. There was the same kind of stuff with the 360, and you see the same kind of stuff with the ps3 on there forums.

And to the post above me, there are no problems with the Wii's WiFi. The problem is with people's lack of knowledge when it comes to networking. There are just loads of problems in general, especially with WEP. And not EVERY router works well with WiFi devices.

Back