Zomg 500,000 Consoles Thats A Lot

Sovieto

Banned
Aug 6, 2006
NOT. Yah, I'm referring to the PS3, it will not launch until March 2007 for Europe, and will only have 100,000 availble in Japan, and 400,000 available in North America, production? I dont think so. Playing it Safe? You bet. (the first smart move sony has made)

PS3 delayed until March 07 in Europe
September 6th, 2006
I very rarely post anything about Nintendo’s competition in the video game world, unless it is a comparitive article. Having stated that, this bit of info really is pretty important to the launch of the Wii. I have received a TON of emails on this subject, and you guys have given me the final push to post this information. Long story short, the PS3 has been delayed until March in 2007 in Europe. With Microsoft’s Xbox 360 already on the European market, this makes the Wii the only NEW next-gen console entry for the upcoming holiday season. Check out some blurbs from the Sony press release below.

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Announces New March 2007 date for European Launch of PLAYSTATION 3
No change in launch date for Japan and North America

London, Wednesday 6 September 2006 – Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) today announced that it would revise the launch date of its PLAYSTATION® 3 computer entertainment system in the PAL territories of Europe, Russia, Middle East, Africa and Australasia from 17th November 2006, as previously announced to March 2007.

Launch dates for Japan and North America will remain the same, which are November 11th and November 17th respectively.

The revision of the launch date in the SCEE territories is caused by the delay in the mass production schedule of the blue laser diode within the Sony Group, thus affecting the timely procurement of key components to be utilised in PLAYSTATION 3.

The previously announced PLAYSTATION 3 shipment forecast of 6 million units globally within the fiscal year ending 2007 is not changed.

But far fewer machines will be available for the launch dates in Japan and the U.S. because of the production problem, Kutaragi said.

In the U.S., about 400,000 PlayStation 3 machines will be available when they go on sale Nov. 17. About 100,000 will be available on the Nov. 11 Japan launch date.

Financial analyst comments on PS3 delay, Wii benefit
September 6th, 2006
“[The launch revamp is] not a big deal in the long run. The people who were going to buy PS3 and Wii will buy them both still, albeit in a different order. Microsoft and Nintendo have a great opportunity, and my guess is that this delay benefits Nintendo far more than Microsoft, but definitely benefits both. Retailers in the US are largely unaffected, (but) retailers in Europe have a serious problem, and it will have an impact. They will get some substitution from Xbox 360 and Wii, but not a full offset (likely 50 percent), and then at lower prices. I would expect retailers to suffer some from the delay.” - Michael Pachter, Wedbush Morgan Securities

Man these are popping left n right! lol A NINTENDO ONE JUST CAME

Nintendo statement regarding PS3 delay
September 6th, 2006
Our wonderful Nintendo rep Allison has sent me Nintendo’s official statement regarding the PS3 delay.

Wii is on track to ship in Q4, Nintendo plans to ship 6 million systems to retailers around the world between its launch in the fourth quarter of 2006 and the end of its fiscal year on March 31, 2007.

6 MILLION!!!!!!! LMAO WOOOOO i bet most of thoes 6 million will be shipped in the launch to christmas! so that means they should have i say about 4 million will be ready

(to bad 4 million compared to 500,000 ps3s is like the same amount of money :lol: )

MetroidZ said:
old news, i couldnt care less. i wasnt getting it at launch and im only gonna get it if its a good price. £400 = $600+ = no.

old news? this all just happened today, i was updating it live

yeah but its not that big of a deal. kinda like that scratches topic. i mean i could live life without having to read this.

Back