Wii Outselling PS3 6-1 in Japan....already?

ciper said:
You've convinced me to look for more information. I don't think its an outright lie but I wouldn't trust sales numbers coming from sony....
Well you could just do the math to figure it out really. Subtract the number of Wii's sold prior to the ps3 launch in march.

vagrant said:
Didn't your english teacher ever tell you to cite your sources.

Such as;

http://www.reuters.com/article/technologyNews/idUST20345020070702?feedType=RSS
Idk why you need a link:Japan:(GameInformer) Wii Sells 6-To-1 Over PlayStation 3
by Billy Berghammer
POSTED: 7/2/2007 11:11 AM

Last month it was 5-to-1, and this month it's 6-to-1. Enterbrain informed Reuters that the Wii outsold Sony's PlayStation 3 by a ratio of over 6-to-1 in June in Japan, with Nintendo selling 270,974 units versus Sony selling 41,628 units of the PS3. Microsoft was even worse off with only 17,616 Xbox 360s sold.

Could a price cut for PS3 be on the horizon in Japan? We'll see....

Oh and if you dont believe it heres a LINK: www.gameinformer.com/NR/exeres/F6AE6DAD-DAC0-4466-9984-59806A7617A4.htm

Couldnt get Gamepro's own!

(By the way, this is true!):yikes:

+Maniacal=Maniac+ said:
Kutaragi:
"Son Of A-"

:lol:

Vitch!!!! Rofl

Last edited:
How many people do you think are living in Europe and North America, compare Japan to that and Japan is pretty insignificant. Also Ciper, you seem to think that for a console to be selling well it has to be selling quicker than the Wii. I didnt state the Ps3 was selling more than the Wii, i said it was selling well. The Ps3 is the fastest ever selling console in the first month it was released in Europe. It sold quicker than the Ps2. It also managed to shift 1 million units quicker in Europe than the Wii and Ps2. I dont have the time to find quotes, im simply just saying what i can remember so it aint always goin to be 100% but the majority of what i say is correct.

But just to show you how small Japan is compared to Us and Eu, here you go

Japan has a popultion of 127.4 million
Europe has a population of 459.5 million
North America has a population of 295.7 million

Japan is pretty small compared to the Us and Eu where the Ps3 is selling well.

http://europa.eu/abc/keyfigures/sizeandpopulation/howmany/index_en.htm

Last edited:
Brian...127 million isn't insignificant. You are comparing one country to two continents...

And how isn't it a big deal? It's JAPAN. These are JAPANESE companies. This is a big deal to the Japanese.

And since when has the Ps3 been selling well in North America?

I know best buys and wal-marts around me who say they can't even get the damn things sold. Best buy has like a mountain of them stacked.

Actually the PS2 is still selling a ton of units. It's a proven fact, affordable games, and consoles equal more market. No system has ever dominated the market with the most expensive prices. Study some prior sales and you'll have a good idea how this console wars will play out.

Last edited:
It's going to come down to the production costs of making games, the game companies, and who has the best online community. Sony can't win at the current $8 million to $25 million budgets. When compared to $1 million to $5 million budgets to make Wii games. More developers will gamble on less risk. If Sony wants to win, they need to lower production costs of games. Microsoft has also made the most active efforts towards making more development friendly software and hardware for game companies.

The PS3 loses money on each sale and Sonys market value has already dropped.

Many Wii owners are impatiently waiting for good games to be released. A few other threads covered this but waiting could turn to anger and then backlash.

ciper said:
The PS3 loses money on each sale and Sonys market value has already dropped.

Many Wii owners are impatiently waiting for good games to be released. A few other threads covered this but waiting could turn to anger and then backlash.

Strikers will hold people off until Metroid which will hold people off for all of the Q4 games.

Back