Wii outsells PS3 - 5 to 1

Well obviously...you can expect any third generation system costing below $300.00 to make much more sales than a $500.00+ one...simply because of the price. If the PS3 matched the Wii in price (standard $250.00), the statistics would be far different....and who knows what system would outsell the other. Personally, I think PS3 would have definately outsold the Wii. A lot of it though comes out of the ignorance of thinking that the Wii is a kiddie console for kids and just party-type games, wheras it is a new generation for Nintendo and it is inviting to many new and different types of games for all ages and gameplay.

It's a sad day

To see Sony putting it's own proprietary formats first before consumers and play value. PSP is suffering the same fate, without making UMD a open standard and releasing UMD-RW, PSP is doomed. Now PS3 is locked into Sony's own BluRay Disc, and it's doomed as well.

How is the PSP suffering? It is by far a better product than the DS. How can you argue that point. Lets hear it honestly state your case. Yes i know this is a Wii forum but we all know the Wii is selling like hot cakes and the games are not what they should be. Give the Wii and the PS3 a good year and see who comes out ahead. Honesty it will be the PS3 in the long run. DS is geared to the younger person and the PSP is for everyone. There is no comparison what so ever. I own a Wii and a PSP. I have played PS3, DS and everything else. PSP owns DS and in time the PS3 will Own the Wii. It all depends what you want out of a system. Right now I love my Wii and would not trade it for anything.

AZ_Wii_Tard said:
what's the price of a Blue Ray for a PC? did some searching and $500 at the least. a good one is $750 and above. Sorry buddy your wrong on the fact that you can build a better PC than a PS3

So your saying if we don't include a bluray drive/burner then the pc that could very well have parts such as an 8800 gtx, intel core 2 duo processor and while were at it throw in 4 gig of high performance ram wouldn't be better then a PS3? Don't get me wrong that card is almost as much as the PS3 itself but you can still build a decent computer with older technology that will still run games decently.

On another note my computer is capable of DX10 and i'm no computer wiz or anything but i don't believe consoles are capable of producing dx10 graphics quality - have you seen screen shots of Crysis?

AZ_Wii_Tard, I think its time to buy some sunglasses. The sun will be too much for your eyes when you step back into the REAL WORLD. You have obviously been oblivious to every press release to come out of any video game related company for the past 6 months.

/*Wiily Good jumps into a time machine, goes forward a few hours, fends off a trivial, meaningless fanboy insult, jumps back in time machine and continues living life as normal.*/ :wink:

the ps2 was more expensive than the gamecube but it was more fun that the gamecube which made it sell more

same case(excpet a little but more) and it's getting owned? why, i think the wii is more enjoyable imo, even though you didn't ask for it, i think the ps3 is more of a system where you get impressed by it, but not actually want to play it......where wii, you tend to be happier cause it's wii..........

Back